Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected my new car on Saturday and that night took my 10 year old Daughter to a pop concert. When we returned to the car it was dark and we were both thrilled to discover the mood lighting ("it has got fairy lights in the roof Mum!!"). Anyway, today I was telling my colleagues about the lights and they wanted a demo. It was daylight and I couldn't find a way to switch them on. Am I right in thinking that they literally only work in darkness?

Many thanks....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
They come on when the sidelights are switched on.
You can also vary the degree of brightness.

PS: The picture shows the illumination with the panoramic glass roof.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks, I did read the above section of the instruction manual but I was still quite confused about the subject. Can I put my side lights on in the day and get the mood lighting to come on? I don't think that I can? Also, I can see a tick box (on /off) for mood lighting via the touchscreen; there isn't anything else relating to the mood lighting on there is there?

Sorry if I'm being stupid ˜³

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I don't have my 2008 to check now; but it does specify '...at night'.....I do seem to remember mine coming on during the daytime though if I switched the lights on. Mine were blue though with the panoramic roof, yours may be white with the 'claw' design.
Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Katie,

The mood lighting, in the roof comes on when you switch the lights on. The mood lighting around the clocks can be on all the time and there is a button between the clocks that looks like an umbrella that allows you to do that. And as Allan pointed out you can alter the brightness in the touchscreen.

it looks cool at night when you go to a secluded spot in the dark with your sidelights on a for a romantic cuddle!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you both of you, just been out in my pj's to mess around with the settings (it is 11.30pm!). My neighbours will think I've lost the plot!

Your life is obviously far more exciting than mine uncletone!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
At my age Kate, I'm normally in bed by now with my coco.

And who's the one going out in the street with their PJ's on to look at the mood lighting. I bet him in doors and your daughter think you are mad.

And I thought they were a little strange down here, but mind you they breed them like that in Notts

Enjoy and get in before you get pneumonia.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
....at least you had your pj's on.....

Al.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I paid the price for my night time investigation - woke up this morning covered in insect bites

You boys are being a great help, thank you (although I did get a bit carried away when reading another thread and found myself ordering a bottle of Meguiar's Endurance Tyre Gel - what??? ).

Can I ask one final question please - does keeping the daytime running lights on significantly affect fuel efficiency? I think they look good switched on but I don't like the idea of wasting money...

Thanks....

Edited by: KateinNotts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
KateinNotts said:
Can I ask one final question please - does keeping the daytime running lights on significantly affect fuel efficiency? I think they look good switched on but I don't like the idea of wasting money (I was born across the border in Yorkshire you see).

Thanks....

No.

But just remember that they operate on the front only. It seems a trend these days for drivers to drive on DRLs only when the lighting is poor, forgetting that the rear of the car is unlit.

Personally I dislike them but that is a whole alternative discussion.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks burty, that is a very good point that I hadn't thought about either.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Kate, much of the mood lighting is LED so the power consumption is minimal compared to a standard bulb.
There are though, several areas in the 2008 where bulbs are used and these can easily be changed to LEDs.

Have a look here to see several areas where you can not only save power but also vastly improve the light available.

Bulb change to LED

Good luck, Al.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Kate,

For goodness sake if you're out in your PJ's again in the street, come in woman, you'll be giving the Forum a bad name. I know what you are doing, you are sitting in the car with the mood lighting on saving electricity in the house!!

What are you doing in the dark, putting Megs Tyre Gel on the tyres?

Andrew was right about the Driving Lights, as a general rule I tend to leave my lights on automatic that way you don't forget that you haven't got your lights one which some people as Andrew said they forget. They see the dashboard clocks lit up and forget there's no lights on behind.

I think these auto lights are really good on the Peugeot, I have them on my TT and they are little faster at going off when they've come on, if that makes sense. The Audi's lights are quick to come when you go in a tunnel, but take ages to go off when you get out the other side. Whereas the Peugeot's come on instantly and instantly go off when you get back into daylight.

You won't be using any additional fuel the alternator and battery can cope with the additional load.

Sounds like you are enjoying the car with your daughter good for you they are a great car for families.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got my headlights set to auto and the daytime running lights on. The highlight of the school run in when we drive through a wooded area and the party lighting (as it is known in our household) switches on. Unfortunately it switches off very quickly (much quicker than my previous Renault) but I suppose most people will consider that to be a good thing! We can't wait for the clocks to change in the Autumn!

I absolutely love the car and have no regrets about picking it. I'm even impressed with the start / stop which I didn't think I would want to use (I previously experienced it in a Vauxhall courtesy car and it terrified me at times).

Thanks for your continued help :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
P.s.

Bit hot for PJ's tonight!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hey you, never mind you can't wait for Autumn, it will be here soon enough.

The stop start will be a lot better in your manual car than it will be with an automatic, so I would make the most of it. See our threads on Stop Start to see the views of those who have a stop start system and how we love it ...NOT

PS. Mind you don't burn your bum on those heated seats.

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
uncletone said:
Hey you, never mind you can't wait for Autumn, it will be here soon enough.

The stop start will be a lot better in your manual car than it will be with an automatic, so I would make the most of it. See our threads on Stop Start to see the views of those who have a stop start system and how we love it ...NOT

PS. Mind you don't burn your bum on those heated seats.

Agreed. Stop start on the manual car is faultless. It is on mine anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts