Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I took possession of my 2008 last Friday and seem to have a problem with mp3's. I listen to The Economist Audio edition in the vehicle. The audiobook is stored on an MP3 pen drive.

For those who might not be familiar with the publication, the articles of the print edition are read each article being on separate MP3 files. Typically an issue consists of 120 separate files.

What I have noticed is that certain tracks cut short. Listening to the same pen drive contents on my computer results in the track running in its entirety.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? (I would be more than happy to make available a problem article) if necessary. And if yes do you have a solution to it.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine does it with songs on my usb stick, but i only got the car today so no idea how or if it fix it

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a gut feeling that the problem is related to the tags. I cleared all tags from one file and think it worked as expected. I will clear the entire folder and report back after hearing the entire folder.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A problem track I am trying to figure out has no dots --048 Europe - Race in the Netherlands.mp3

I've made 3 versions of it with no / different tags and will post the analysis and source tracks.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
How does that title compare with other tracks that do play without any problem?

If you have a dash ( - ) or .mp3 I'm wondering whether that could cause a problem?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the problem is the photo. I ended up with 4 copies of the same track:

1. Complete with MP3 tags
2. No Tags whatsoever (I removed them using the program Tag&Rename)
3. Deleted the photo embedded within the file.
4. Same as one but without dashes (see the posting one up).

With the photo the track ran to completion, with the photo it did not.

I shared a copy of the files athttps://www.dropbox.com/s/jw1k1u5f57imzf4/topic457.zip for anyone who would like to confirm my results.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an appointment with my Peugeot dealer next week to update the firmware. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Alan you obviously have a problem with your radio/firmware as I have tried it and it works perfectly on my radio right to the end with picture and all tags, I must admit I do have a later radio as I have now looked at the previous model and the display is slightly different, that is not to say the early radios should work equally as well as the new ones. It's up to Peugeot to update,repair or replace. As a matter of interest if you tune into Heart radio station on DAB radio do you get pictures on your screen of the Heart logo or the artist of the track playing?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just out of interest what firmware do you have kitchen dave. Are you sure its a different radio or are you using the different theme (two are avialable at the moment I believe)?
Edited by: russo109

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kitchendave said:
Alan you obviously have a problem with your radio/firmware as I have tried it and it works perfectly on my radio right to the end with picture and all tags, I must admit I do have a later radio as I have now looked at the previous model and the display is slightly different, that is not to say the early radios should work equally as well as the new ones. It's up to Peugeot to update,repair or replace. As a matter of interest if you tune into Heart radio station on DAB radio do you get pictures on your screen of the Heart logo or the artist of the track playing?

Sorry butHeart radio station is a wee bit too far away - I live in Malta

Sadly I discovered that Peugeot doesn't offer DAB in countries that are on DAB+ (Malta being one of them).

·
Registered
46 Posts
OH! Sorry hadn't realised that then the question is do you have DAB radio in Malta and do you get graphic on the screen is does the radio produce grafics?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know which firmware I have! The dealer told me it is a new model and the radio guide supplied with car is different to my radio. Peugeot are posting me the correct guide although I found my way round the radio, in fact I am very pleased with the radio, in fact all round very pleased with the car, my only complaint is the poor reversing light.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you press and hold the menu button a screen will pop up telling you the firmware version

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think that's the same firmware version as mine. It sounds like you have the different theme setting selected from the one shown in . the manual hence you thinking you have a different radio. If you go to system settings colour tab and you find two themes agora and Highland. I think agora is the one shown in the manual, you may be on highland setting

·
Registered
46 Posts
It looks like we probably have the same radio but I am assured by my mate who is the sales manager at the Peugeot dealership that supplied my car that some of the settings on my car are different to the settings in the original manual and Peugeot are posting me an updated one. Apparently it is what he called 2014 spec. I am not really worried one way or the other my USb and radio function well!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I just had my firmware updated last week, and mine is now at the same version:

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">System version. SMEG3.17.A.R3

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Bluetooth. 1.2.5

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Display. sw6.00 matrice 2

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Map version. DbDwnl_271 / Gruppo_402

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I also now have the map update but have not carried that out yet. So this should be an old map version. I can only assume that this is the latest version of the SMEG firmware. Unfortunately I didn't check the version before the update.

Edited by: burty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts