Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone thinking of getting mud flaps?

Are they worth having? Do they stop much muck splashing up the driver/passenger sill area and up the rear panels?

I don't want my wife complaining she's got the back of her dress/slacks dirtied; but if the mud flaps don't make much difference then there's not much point in splashing out for them (so to say).

I'm just a little undecided but I think I'd sooner have them than not.

Any thoughts?

Al.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Would also like info on mud flaps as well, thinking of getting them myself.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Al, personally I would fit them if your of a mind to because they not only stop mud splashing up but will also help keep salty slush and snow away from the inner arches. Although anticorrosion is excellent these days anything in addition that can assist is IMO worth while.
So yes when the time comes they are something that I will be considering to help protect my shiny new toy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Al, they are worth having, the dealer fitted them to mine and at first I did not notice them. They are fairly subtle unlike the ones we used to have and are shaped to fit. I will take some pics tomorrow as they seem to stop some muck from today's rain going up the lower sides and certainly up the rear.

Mac.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Think I'll be going for them.

Last thing I want is a load of muck up my rear!

Al.

·
Registered
162 Posts
On mine (when it is eventually delivered!), I'm having a 'protection pack' as part of the deal. Includes upholstery treatmeant, DiamondBrite paint protection, mud flaps, car mats etc

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think it was originally offered at a cost of £495. It now is part of my 'compensation' for the cock-up with the car order, so I don't know the exact price.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Is there an official published price list for all the accessories yet?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still checking daily, but nothing yet on the Peugeot website.

They've got the 2008 listed now but no accessories yet.

I check about 4 times each day.

Al.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mud Flap pics below.

As the car was soaked through following a tractor yesterday you can see that they seem to protect sufficiently without being too large.

Mac

Edited by: Mac2008

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Mac.

Well they certainly stop a fair amount.

I've just spoken to my dealer and added a set.

Al.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The nice and tasty styled mud flaps with a more 3D design will be available soon.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the heads-up on that one Don.

I've emailed my dealer to tell him I'll wait for the new 3D ones.

Al.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a hard copy of the accessories but no actual price list. I have been given some prices for the items I'm thinking of purchasing, velour mats £45, extended reversible boot mat £60, and the cool/ hot box £137. I am negotiating these prices though and will let you know how much discount I manage to get.

Kate

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks Don, interesting as mine are not flat and lap over onto the body although it is hard to see in the pics. If they look good I will get a pair as I did not pay for these ones anyway.

Mac

Edited by: Mac2008

1 - 20 of 24 Posts