Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 allure 1.2 110, EAT6.
Hi, I bought a set of mud-flaps from a Peugeot dealer yesterdayand as I have fitted M/flaps to my previous cars Honda Jazz and a RenaultGrand Modus, 3 of them,I didn't expect to have a problem fitting them. That was until I opened the boxes, that's when I saw thevery large Pop-Rivets. and when I read the instructions it involved drilling holes in our 2 month old car. I took them back for a refund and the dealer said that they would fit them for about £70.00 plus VAT, I took the refund.
Please are any flaps made to fit our 2008 that does not involve drilling holes in our pride and joy.
Looking a the black wheel archtrim etc.they arefixed with plastic hex type thingies.
Any advice would be much appreciated as the Wife, The Duchess of Never-Wrong, would not be happy ifI messed up her "chutchi" (she named it).
Regards, RG

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Roy

I know what you mean about upsetting the boss.

To be honest about the mudflapsI fitted a set to "Madam's" car and at first, like you, I thought it odd that they were held in place with pop rivets,

I did look around for alternatives, but they were held on with cheap clips and not made for the car so I bought a set from Peugeot.

At the end of the day, I thought, well Peugeot have screwed glued and rivetedthe car together, a few more won't do any harm. If you follow the procedurethey fit well and look like they grew there.

I must say after fitting them they are sturdy and you don't notice the rivets. I just hope I never have to remove them

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had mine fitted by the dealer from new, fit is perfect but DIY might be worrying! see photo of rivets...........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for you help.Please do you know what size of rivet gun will I need to buy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
braingoing said:
Thank you for you help.Please do you know what size of rivet gun will I need to buy.

Something like this will do the job.......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POP-RIVET-GUN-60-RIVETS-AND-NOZZLES-4-DIFFERENT-SIZE-RIVETS-INCLUDED-/261538498674

·
Registered
152 Posts
braingoing....
old-yorky

Point to note:- the photo above posted by
old-yorky actually shows the two flat-head Torq Screws that hold on the Sill Trim, these are undone then the Mudflaps are fitted and held in place by refitting the Torq Screws...... there is only One Pop Rivet required and that is underneath, although I feel it is surplus to requirements as the Torq Screws should hold them firm.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glad I read this post. I was going to buy the mud flaps and fit them myself but I don't fancy drilling holes to fit them or paying £70 for Peugeot to supply and fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm I actually ordered a set just a week ago and thought this particular set will fit the original screw spots... but i will verify when I receive them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hmmm I actually ordered a set just a week ago and thought this particular set will fit the original screw spots... but i will verify when I receive them.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just bought a set from amazon for £12, wasn’t holding much hope for them. Front ones are located with the two original screws and a small hole to drill in the wing liner to fit the third screw at the bottom, the rear ones you need to drill the holes as nothing there to fit them too but in saying that it’s only the edge of the bumper at the wheel arch and the bottom of the wing liner. Look identical to the originals and the rear ones even have “2008” embossed on them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
PWJ it may help if you added your cars details to your signature?

BTW I fitted the oem flaps on my toyota as DIY, those came with rivets but I just used the screw fixings...40k miles later they are still on.

Appreciate that mud flaps not only protect your bodywork but are more considerate to other road users.....thinks spray and stones

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed the front ones from Aliexpress, they look very good and only one hole to drill required which a screw is used. The torx screws only however would be enough, too. It is easy to drill when you turn the wheel left or right accordingly.
For the rear ones though the wheel has to be removed to drill so maybe I will do it tomorrow. I will post pictures of the front later

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK here are the pics, red circle shows the screw that requires drilling a hole, super easy. Blue circles indicate the stock torx screws. As I mentioned in the previous post turning the wheel to the right for the left side (and vice versa for the right side) makes room for my Dremel wireless tool to drill.

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK here are the pics, red circle shows the screw that requires drilling a hole, super easy. Blue circles indicate the stock torx screws. As I mentioned in the previous post turning the wheel to the right for the left side (and vice versa for the right side) makes room for my Dremel wireless tool to drill.

Andddd the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’ll get some photos tomorrow hopefully and post them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a front and rear set of original equipment mudflaps from a dealer. Original part numbers were Front: PE 1608928580, Rear: PE 1608928680.

There is no drilling into metal required as all drilled surfaces are thin plastics.

The instructions included are not helpful as the black and white photographs are very poor-quality obscuring much of the detail you might like to see. Fortunately, the pre-drilled holes in the mudflaps give clear clues as to what you should do, and fitting is not complicated if you use common sense and take your time. Anyone with basic DIY skills could manage it.

The front set are the easiest to fit and take about 20 minutes. You only need to install 1 rivet and re-use the two existing Torque screws for each mudflap. Whilst the instructions are to take off the front wheels, I did not find it necessary as turning the front wheel fully outward provides plenty of room to work with the required tools. You will need to raise the car about 80mm to fit the rivet underneath the bottom sill and you can use the car jack, park over a driveway gutter, or do as I did, just drive the working side front wheel up on two safely placed pieces of strong timber to provide the required space and choc a set of wheels for safety.

The rear set require removal of the wheels but as I could not find the socket to remove the security bolt I could not remove mine and I had to find another solution and this all absorbed a bit of time. The work around process took about 40 minutes for both mudflaps as I worked my way through it. There are 4 rivets to install. The rear was jacked up and fortunately you can move the wheel arch slightly outward to allow you to drill the required hole in the wheel arch edge and it is easy enough to drill the two holes under the car to fit the pre-drilled holes in the mudflap. This leaves one pre-drilled hole in the wheel arch side where it was not possible to fit a rivet but with 3 of the 4 rivets supplied installed the mudflaps are held firmly to the car and are sufficient. I think my process was simpler than what I understood the official process to be.

They look good on then car.

Reactions: MarkyTM

·
Registered
97 Posts
congratulations on fitting these easily, I hope you find the locking wheelnut tool soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts