Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - has anyone had mud flaps fitted or fitted them themselves? I have asked the main dealer to price them and they come at £35 (per pair, but need confirmation of this). My Allure will be Bianca White and whilst I like the benefits of mud flaps, I don't want to make the car look like a tractor!

If one fits them oneself, does it entail drilling holes in the bodywork? I shall be having the rear bumper protector fitted, anyway, prior to delivery.

I have also enquired about having front parking sensors fitted by the dealer and quoted £195, but they are still in production - no delivery date as yet, specified. Has anyone else any experience with having these fitted by the Maindealer, post delivery. I am buying an ex-demo car, so I am limited as to what 'extras' I can request.

I actually saw some 2008's over the last few days - a Bianca White one on Wednesday morning in the car park at Christchurch Hospital, but I didn't have much time to take a very close look, then another Bianca White one (could it have been the same one) on Thursday at Sea Corner Car Park in Highcliffe. Then on Saturday a Dakota Brown Allure at Morrison's car park in Bridport , Dorset. I spoke to the proud owner and he was very pleased with the car.

Regards

Evader

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Evader

I have a Bianca white Allure and I had the mudflaps fitted back and front before delivery. In my opinion they don't make it 'look like a tractor'. The mudflaps are reasonably small and unobtrusive but do stop filth being thrown up onto the bodywork. Clearly I didn't fit the 'flaps but they appear to be attached using the fittings that hold the black part of the bumper trim at the rear and the wheel arch liner at the front.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hi steve, If you get chance could you maybe pop a pic on! im interested in getting the mudflaps so will be nice to see them on a "Real Car".

Cheers

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for your response Steve, and if you could post a piccie as requested by Ma23nny, I too would be very interested.

Evader

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi folks,

I'll take some pictures and post them here tomorrow

·
Registered
217 Posts
also interested in seeing the pics as well steve, after having the car a few weeks now i think they may be a good investment after seeing the amount of dirt the car throws up!! 1 trip and the car managed to accumulate more filth up the body work and back window than my old car would in a month!

Evader - when you get your car have a good look at the boot sill protector and ensure it is stuck down well before you leave

·
Registered
217 Posts
just had a look and the flaps are coming up at £109 for all 4 fitted with 1 hr 20 mins labour time so self fit price of £70 for all 4 seems to be about right, albeit still expensive for 4 bits of plastic at the end of the day!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Jonnyg30 - wilco on checking the bumper protector as I had picked up on that elsewhere on this forum.

When I collect the car it will be approx 70 miles away, but will also check with my local/regular Peugeot dealer as to whether they would fit it. Can't really see that it can be too difficult to do oneself, though!

Evader

·
Registered
217 Posts
from how steve describes his being held on at worst it may be a little fiddly and you'll want to find a dry warm day to do it if your going to be on the floor but shouldn't be difficult.

looking forward to seeing what they actually look like!

would be interested to hear from anyone that drove the car for a while then had them fitted just to see if they noticed a reduction in "splatter"

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have a set of Mudflaps in my garage.I bought them when I bought the car but have not got round to fitting them yet.All four (I think) require a small hole to be drilled on the edge of the wheelarch which really means the wheels have to come off to do it.I am waiting for an opportunity to do it when I have sufficient time.

Without them the car does get dirty but I don't experience the dirt splatter down the side of the car that had been prevalent on other cars.Hopefully the Mudflaps might help to keep the tailgate a bit cleaner.

·
Registered
153 Posts
burty said:
All four (I think) require a small hole to be drilled on the edge of the wheelarch which really means the wheels have to come off to do it.

I would have expected a less hectic and invasive solution!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Folks,

Pictures of mud flaps fitted as requested (un)surprisingly they look very much like the other pictures that Alan has pointed out were posted earlier. Unfortunately, the mud flaps don't seem to help at all with dirt thrown up onto the rear of the car. That must be down to the shape of the car and its aerodynamics

·
Registered
217 Posts
great photos steve thanx, SOLD! to the man with the 2008 currently lacking mud flaps lol

luckily we have 90 and 45 degree windy's at work so i can keep the wheels on and it should be a nice quick simple job

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi I had the boot sill protector fitted and it came off within a week waiting for a call to take it back to get it done most of the car are going back to get it done

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I don't know about most cars going back to have the boot sill protector refitted, mines been on since the car was delivered in early January and it's still firmly affixed. Maybe it's down to the proper preparation of the surface before attaching the protector?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Stevehi said:
Well, I don't know about most cars going back to have the boot sill protector refitted, mines been on since the car was delivered in early January and it's still firmly affixed. Maybe it's down to the proper preparation of the surface before attaching the protector?

you'd have thought that but unfortunately no lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Stevehi said:
Mine is lifting at both ends, it's been on since October and I was very thorough to make sure the surface was properly prepared and clean and the protector was fitted correctly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts