Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're due to pick up "her ladyships" 2008 next Friday. Its one of those 1.6 EGC thingy's. It was a demo model.

Anyway, the dealer is tempting her with a Peugeot Protection Pack, which includes Mudflaps (F&R), New Carpet Mats, a Boot Liner and some Door Sill Protectors.

Would any of our forum members have such a thing on their wagon, and if so are they any good?

thanks

Tone

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had the mudflaps in my garage for nearly two years and could never bring myself to fit them.I don't think they suit the car with the bigger wheels.Maybe they would be OK on models with the small wheels.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Stay away from door sill protector, heard Peugeot stopped making them as corners kept popping up and jaming door, as for rest go on Amazon cheaper, sounds like dealer trying shift stockEdited by: Mik207

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys

Your a font of valuable information as always. I'm warming to the company on here

thank you.

Amazon & the Bay Of E here I come.

Tone

·
Registered
242 Posts
The boot liner is thin poly foam ,mark easy not worth having.there are better after market ones on e bay

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think the door sill protectors they are offering will befor the front door sills. Good idea but cheaper on ebay.
Interior mats worthhaving but again, cheaper on ebay.

Mud flaps don't really stop any dirt getting along the car nor do they suit the 2008 much.A lot ofdirt is from passing cars splashing. The rear of the car gets dirty all on its own and you won't stop that.

Boot liner not practical as it's difficult to access anything stored in the spare wheel area.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to you both for the info/low down.

I'll now have to find something else to passify her ladyship. You know what they are like, they get a trinket box and they want to fill it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Maybe you can consider the boot tray. It is relatively cheap and has lifted sides, so it can protect your boot from spills in case you ever have to carry liquids. I am definatelly getting one next week, because I often have to carry diesel for my boat in jerry cans.

Edited by: skipper mike

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was given the cool box as good will gesture by dealer, find it great for keeping drinks coil and also warm handy on hot days

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm sure that you can persuade your dealership to provide you with some free mats... I spoke to the sales manager at my dealership yesterday and asked for some, he said that if I was willing to provide positive feedback to Peugeot about the dealership then he would make sure that they are in the car when I collect it "as a thank you, not a bribe" lol.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good shout "KateinNotts",

It already has a new set of mats in, done approx 2k miles, but because of the mileage said vehicle will do, 35k per year, they'll soon wear out.

But I like your thinking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts