Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm having problems with my multimedia touchscreen.
On the right upper corner there's a constant ghost touching that is flickering without stop, interfering in the usage of the multimedia.
It constantly clicks in the settings button making noise and conflicts with any other point I want to touch.

Has anyone had this problem?
How can I solve it without taking it to the technical assistance?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hah - my 2015 reg. 's multimedia touchscreen is playing up - it keeps defaulting to Classic (music) which is OK but not when I don't want to be listening to that, necessarily. I keep getting a not available notice up too. Coupled with the fact my temperature reading is kaput - I keep meaning to get that sorted, but there's always something more pressing I need to spend my money on. I can't safely adjust my radio programme when on the move either .................... I'm afraid much of this needs 'consulting your nearest dealership' .

Others may be able to help.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Guii

It may help if you advised of

1) The year of your car
2) How long in your ownership?
3) If it has always done this?
4) Any work done to the car recently before this problem happened?

So in essence help us to help you!

Reactions: guii.alv

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guii

It may help if you advised of

1) The year of your car
2) How long in your ownership?
3) If it has always done this?
4) Any work done to the car recently before this problem happened?

So in essence help us to help you!
Thanks for your reply!
I have a Peugeot 2008 Allure EAT6 (Year 2017/Model 2018) since September 2019.
I bought it from a rental company but never had issues with it. It started 2 weeks ago.
Nothing done to the car within 3 months ago.

I imagine I'll need to change the capacitive touchscreen. Have anyone did it before? Do I need to change the whole system or can I change only the screen?

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 16 plate
65 Posts
You can just change the screen, the screen is plugged into and the 1 din unit is buried into the dash. You'll need to use some plastic trim pullers to get the screen off from the top.
Myself I've uprated my sound system to a better system but look on ebay for a new screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can just change the screen, the screen is plugged into and the 1 din unit is buried into the dash. You'll need to use some plastic trim pullers to get the screen off from the top.
Myself I've uprated my sound system to a better system but look on ebay for a new screen.
Thank you, Andy!
Do you know the manufacturer and the model of this touchscreen? I tried to find it but I couldn't.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wait! The unit from @guii.alv is different from the ones in Europe. The southamerican models have display+headunit as one block, so it would be a full change. In Europe, display and headunit are two independent items.

@guii.alv can you please tell the firmware version installed?

The manufacturer is Continental, by the way.

·
Registered
Peugeot 2008 16 plate
65 Posts
OK they are made by Magneti Marelli, so either eBay a screen or look around car auto junk yards.
Thank you, Andy!
Do you know the manufacturer and the model of this touchscreen? I tried to find it but I couldn't.

View attachment 564
Wait! The unit from @guii.alv is different from the ones in Europe. The southamerican models have display+headunit as one block, so it would be a full change. In Europe, display and headunit are two independent items.

Ahh sorry 🙏 I haven't a clue? Anybody else have any idea?
I just changed mine for a dasaita unit plug and play.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
OP, have you checked the status of your battery?

I've known a weak or faulty battery to manifest itself into weird display issues.

Excessive heat and cold can affect a batteries performance (a problem we don't have much in the UK) and if the one you have fitted is coming up on 4yrs old, it's what I'd be looking at first...as the cheapest fix :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thank you all for the support until here.
I'll see which firmware version it is, if I can win the "battle" with the ghost touch.
I'll also see if I can find the Continental version of it to see if I can buy it as a spare part. It's been really difficult to find infos about it.

Wish you all a great week!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank you all for the support until here.
I'll see which firmware version it is, if I can win the "battle" with the ghost touch.
I'll also see if I can find the Continental version of it to see if I can buy it as a spare part. It's been really difficult to find infos about it.

Wish you all a great week!
Just let me know which firmware version you have (probably 65.xx?) I have the download links to all current versions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts