Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned using a micro usb stick and I have got mine ready with the following albums.

Fleetwood Mac - The Dance
Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
Queen - Greatest Hits 1
Queen - Greatest Hits 2
Queen - Made In Heaven
The Eagles - The Very Best Of...
Santana - Supernatural
Paul Simon - Graceland
Al Stewart - Time Passages
Sally Oldfield - Water Bearer
Various Artists - Twang (Tribute to The Shadows)
Paul McCartney & Wings - Wings Over America 1
Paul McCartney & Wings - Wings Over America 2
a single track by The Shadows - Midnight
and, of course, Amaranthe - Amaranthine

That little micro usb stick is only about 50% full. Amazing.

What music do you like listening to?

Al.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm stuck in the 80s. I have a 30GB memory stick full of music, mostly 80s and 90s dance music and I tend to just stick it on a random play.

That said I also have a lot of rock music my favourite for the car is Thin Lizzy's Live and dangerous. For long journeys I have also recently started to listen to comedy podcasts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now if you like the 80's and 90's have a look at some of the Top Gear albums.Great for driving if you can keep control of your right foot.

Mac.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Mac2008 said:
Now if you like the 80's and 90's have a look at some of the Top Gear albums.Great for driving if you can keep control of your right foot.

Mac.
I have a vast collection of 80s and 90s tunes I would be surprised if I didn't already have most of the tracks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rock and Roll. The Queens, Kyuss, Them Crooked Vultures, System of a Down, Soundgarden, through to older stuff such as Led Zepp and Tull.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Radio 2 for me

·
Registered
32 Posts
Currently, a Katie Melua CD is in. Otherwise I often listen to 'soft' electronic music (they call that "ambient" I think): Chilltronica albums by Blank & Jones, Bliss ("Quiet Letters", "They Made History", "No One Built This Moment"...), Pete Namlook ("The Dark Side Of The Moog", "Silence"...), Raphael Marionneau ("Le Café Abstrait", "Le Voyage Abstrait"...)

When I want something really zen: Levon Minassian (an Armenian-French musician, he plays duduk, very relaxing music, he worked with Peter Gabriel I think). I also enjoy female voices such as Vienna Teng ("Dreaming Through The Noise"), Priscilla Ann ("A Good Day"), Emily Jane White ("Ode To Sentence", "Dark Undercoat"), Fredrika Stahl and of course Katie Melua already mentioned.

I like cool and calm music while driving, I keep 'the hard stuf' for home!
Thin Lizzy, wow, that brings back some memories!
Along with Ted Nugent, Black Sabbath, Robin Trower, Led Zeppelin and so many more, not to forget Deep Purple. I was also - still am - a huge Pink Floyd fan, I used to translate their lyrics instead of doing my homework as a student.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re-reading your posts: Al Stewart, I don't know how many times I've listened to The Year Of The Cat, my vinyl album is all scratched and I even managed to put out of use a CD album, had to buy a new one.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hollywood Arson Project, Eagles of Death Metal, Ginger Elvis, Kill Devil Hills.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't forget with the DAB radio we get some other decent rock channels
not disagreed with anyone's choice yet. My iPod is loaded with about ten full days and very little from this decade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts