Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HiyA I'm a wee bit worried. It's something and nothing and I feel nit picky but I have just found visible rust coloured marks on all my external chromed surface trim. It won't wipe away and there is some big spots here and there. It could be a bad batch so not a big deal as I'm sure they will replace any affected by rust. It hasn't changed my way of viewing the car at all - these things do happen and as sure as crimbo in December it will happen to me if it can lol! Anyone else seen this on their bright work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried the autosol and it hasn't touched it unfortunately. It's as though thers a coating on it and the marks are forming bottom up. If that makes sense. Don't wanna look like a moanin git down at the dealers but might have to as its as though its forming more and more with every bit if rain. Don't think I'll tell them I've used it - apparently the guy at the factors said the use of any abrasive polishes or cleaners will invalidate the corrosion resistance warranty
on many new cars. Sneaky or what -don't approved repairers use it and others by the bucket load on warranty vehicles ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Success thanks Alan. Had another go at, it this time I mixed a bit of auto glum super resin polish in with autosol. Straight off no bother. Is it common then on all chromed surfaces to get rust spotting ?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I gave my car a good going over with wax myself as soon as I got it!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wouldn't say it's normal to rust I have never experienced it before. I shall be keeping a close eye on this matter as I'd be very disappointed if this does happen

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
...must say I also thought it was 'plastic'....seems strange though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Would it not just be road grim / tar spots the white paint work of mine and on our previous white Fiat 500 gets covered in it which is a pain to remove.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My Brightwork is looking like it has tarnished a bit if you look closely.I also took the Opportunity to polish it well when I got the car.

The front grill is 'chrome finished' plastic but I think the chrome panel above and at the bottom of the doors are either stainless steel or another alloy.My grill is spotless but the other pieces are showing some tarnishing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts