Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm looking at the 2008 to be my new car. On paper it has everything I need. I'm looking at the Allure diesel egc I think it is. How does the parking break work? That's the only thing that concerns me, and will most likely be one of the adjustments I need on motabilty as my left hand is a bit useless and it would be a shame of it had to be changed for something not as pretty, but needs must I suppose.

Hopefully going for a test drive tomorrow (well today) really excited to change car, but sad at the same time as I love my little car but sadly things are starting to be needing to be replaced and I live in fear of my auto clutch going. It was my first car it was in immaculate condition until someone drove into me at some traffic lights, it was a sad day seeing it on the back of a low loader not knowing it if was going to be a write off as the back part of the car was wrapped around the spare tyre. Although by the sounds of it I've got a couple months of adventures with my Toyota yet!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi LizzieK and welcome to the club.

The parking brake pulls upwards and to release it there is a small lever on the underside to press. If the palm of your hand is on the top then the release lever is in a natural position for your fingers to gently squeeze. Hope that works for you.

Great choice.
EGC works very well.

Good luck.

Al.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome LizzieK,

A great choice, as far as I can compare the handbrake seems to be on par with a normal one. The only difference seems to be the position of the left hand is turned 90 degrees and the palm is used more. Effort wise it is the same although instead of using your thumb to release you use your two middle fingers.
I hope that makes sense.

A warm welcome.

Mac.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts