Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now owned it a week. I bought it in the Uk and will be driving to my home in Bulgaria next week. Before you ask I prefer to drive a right hand drive abroad.

https://youtu.be/l1vfdXXDUD0

please comments

Ivan

·
Registered
398 Posts
From my side is at least a wrong decision to buy right hand drive from UK and go to BG...If you can not afford it, don't buy it. A lot of accidents happen because of visibility, and from my opinion if you stay a while in BG, should use a rented car or some with left side driver.
Many persons here also bring cars from UK as this are more cheap, but increase the accidents on the road because of visibility...I stayed in UK a month driving a rented right side driver car, was a little difficult, but I had visibility...with my left driver side I would be very constrained at take-overs in UK...same in other country if you drivefrom an opposite driver place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally disagree, for the last 30 years I have driven approx 20000 km EACH year in europe including bulgaria nad romania and never had any issue and no accidents - I never speed even on motorways, I cant afford it as my business needs car access an so no bans for me., I drive with a philosophy i pre empting accidents its called defensive driving learnt when I learn to drive in the miltary police when I was 18 and still drive the same way

·
Registered
506 Posts
Fair comment Paul, you can't argue with that.

At the end of the day its what you feel comfortable with. If you feel comfortable driving a right hand drive then you don't have to worry too much about gear changes etc etc and in my opinion you can concentrate on your driving and avoiding all those that aren't.

I must admit where possible, I will take my car abroad with me, as I prefer driving it even tho' they drive on the wrong side of the road on the continent. I feel safer and more comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts