Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just got my new 2008 Allure 1.6 ECG with a navigation system and made a 12 months subscriptions to the Alert Zone / risk areas.

I have downloaded the files to a usb stick and put it in the car usb but there was not able to install it in the system (tried it with two different usb sticks but same issues).

There were no instructions so can anyone assist with this one? any ideas? Is there a need to activate/link the update somehow to the specific car?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was told by Peugeot that (at least in the case of their 'Connect Apps' option) that it actually had to be registered for you by the dealer... have you spoken to yours about this?

Just a thought anyway, and I hope you manage to sort it out quickly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It took me a couple of goes.
Make sure you use the downloader, it creates the folders and names things correctly.
Also make sure the car is running when you do the upload. Weird I know but, my motor would only do it engine running?!?
Make sure you secect all the different settings once done, there was another topic posted before that had them all listed, if you haven't already looked through the manual.
Hope it helps! Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks Montala & Gazman.

Called the dealership and they asked me to bring the car in for diagnostics (it's an hour drive so I prefer to first see if I can find a different solution).

Gazman, how do you do the install in the car? just stick the usb stick to the usb port and it should install automatically or is there something else that I need to do?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have 2 USB ports in the car try the other one, if I remember correctly I had to use the right hand port. I had the same problem as you, so I removed the usb stick that had music on and tried both ports, finally it worked. Hope you get it working.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You could well have a point there. Although I don't have the car yet, I am sure I read somewhere that one USB port comes as standard, but if you have the sar-nav option then you get a second port which is possibly only linked to the sat-nav.

I am sure that someone will be able to confirm this though, and I also hope that you manage to get get it sorted out OK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all.

I only have one USB port for some reason so that may well be the problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi guys. Just wandering on your sat navs do the speeds come up on every road or is it just A roads and motorways?! Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Doesn't come up on every road. On some it does while on others it doesn't. It may be that it's only on A roads and motorways but not sure. Will check next time that I will use the sat nav.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know which navigation system is there in the2008 Allure 1.6 ECG
(2014/64 plate)?

Is it the touchscreen 208 or touchscreen 7"?

When I try to download the safety cameras / alert zone updates there are two options and I am not sure which one is the correct one.

Many thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.