Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the forum and would welcome advice on the above.

My circumstances that I only average 8 to 10,000 miles a year and am trying to work out the most cost effective purchase based upon my mileage .

Looks like the 1.6 Blue hdi 100 is more expensive to purchase initially than the 1.2 Pure Tech 110 model but does more miles to the litre although at a slightly higher cost per litre. In addition I am not sure of insurance groups and road tax costs for the 2 types of vehicle.

Does anyone have experience of the new Pure Tech 110 engine and if so does it have good torque compared to the diesel . I live in quite a hilly area and during any winter adverse weather conditions wondered which type of engine would perform better .I believe both Allure models come with grip control?

Also has anybody with the new Pure tech engine feel it is a better drive than the diesel. I am correct in thinking the new Allure Pure Tech 110 engine has a turbocharger with a 5 speed gear box.

Sorry to ramble on but any advise and thoughts on the above would be appreciated.

·
Registered
540 Posts
To a degree, it's down to your preferred driving style - at your mileage petrol will cost less over the life of the car if it's a purely financial decision but some people prefer the diesel 'shove'; however the Puretech is much lighter in the nose to the benefit of ride, handling, steering feel plus it has the mid-range punch of a turbo without the heft of a heavy clutch and gearbox then to me it's a no-brainier; Puretech, no question.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you don't do much mileage, a petrol version is to be preferred. I have the 1.2 petrol puretech and it's great in 3rd gear - so much va va voom - I sometimes forget to move in to 4th because of the gutsy feel. Not a great advert for efficient and economical driving but what the heck - throttle & bottle beats meek & mild any day. Not sure if this addresses your query but the 1.2 allure is a fine drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Actually, ignore my comments completely. Didn't know about the new addition and wish now that I didn't! My feelings remain true, however, about the gutsy feel of the 1.2 puretech (sans turbo).

·
Registered
398 Posts
Depend on how the roads are...If you have cold winters and lot of snow, I would go definitely to a 4x4 NOT diesel...If the roads are fine even in winter (you don't have 30cm snow on road like in Romania, 2 days after the blizzard), you can go to Diesel or 1,2 Puretech. If winter is very cold, stay away from Diesel.
The 1,2 works very nice, tested, the turbine is working smooth...also the engine seems to be calibrated good, as it feels nice in driving.

I can only say my choice I don't regret it:
1,6 eHDI 6EGC (Diesel).

Weatherconditions in Romania (North of country):
- winter with -20, -25 degrees Celsius, snow 10-30 cm every winter for at least 20 days (on the road), and 30-180 cm outside road (last 2 winters had also 2 meters in outside villages for a few days, snow for >2 months);
- summer with +35 (yesterday +38 degrees) Celsius

No problem was recordeduntil now in function of 2008.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts