Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new GT Line is superb, but at the price I paid I expected a decent centre console/armrest not a little box!

Have seen that Wood Company do a nice one - but that is Italy!

Anyone help me to buy one in the UK? Must be a straight plug in replacement and must be with red stitching and adjustable sliding for length. Do not mind a good scondhand by prefer new.

Thanks everyone

Moggie

·
Registered
118 Posts
When you say new do you mean new shape 2020 model or old shape facelift version
If it’s old 2019 -20 face lift version I picked one up on Wish.com for about £35 it came with USB ports and adjustable armrest with red stitching.arm rest could do with a bit mor padding but all in all for the money it’s good quality it arrived within 2weeks and goes straight into the centre console

·
Registered
275 Posts
Moggie as you've mentioned Wood company who are based in Italy, the one Chris mentions comes from...wait for it....China!

I ordered mine 6th Dec and it was delivered 23rd, so not a long wait, the stitching perfectly matches the leatherette and stitching of my facelifted 2016 GT-Line :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Excepting the padding...but then I paid £27 delivered for mine, so can be 23% more forgiving :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone - no meant the 2019 model .

I like the look of the Woods model but wondered if it would com due to the virus situation in Italy? Does this just slot in to my current one easily?

Moggie

·
Registered
213 Posts
Be careful! The central armrest is higher than the armrest on the door. In addition, the handbrake is hard to reach. This puts stress on your shoulders and you may end up with shoulder injuries.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Be careful! The central armrest is higher than the armrest on the door. In addition, the handbrake is hard to reach. This puts stress on your shoulders and you may end up with shoulder injuries.
My cheapy adjustable one doesn't impede my handbrake in any position, but then with the EAT6 box the wheels are locked and the car will only move a few inches in 'Park' regardless.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Marky

I investigated one like yours from China and have ordered with red stitching plus....I had the option of paying an extra £10.00 for thicker padding! So it was only £45.00 instead of £ 100.00 from Italy.

I think this will do me fine and if not I have not lost much money.

Moggie

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Marky and others on this forum. Well......I did order the one you said from China and it got lost for 2 month so I got my money back and immediately ordered an expensive one from Wood which came in 6 days! It is great.

Now I have the one from China which has the extra padding and the red stitching for the GT Line. I am not sending it back to China after all this time so if anyone wants it for free let me know - just bung a tenner into your favourite charity box.

Moggie

·
Registered
275 Posts
Moggie

I'll happily donate £10 to charity and try out the extra padded one.

I manage a retirement complex in Cheddar and our chosen charity can be seen on this link:

I'll message you on here with my postal address, telephone number and email, email because I can also send you confirmation that the charity has received the funds :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moggie

I'll happily donate £10 to charity and try out the extra padded one.

I manage a retirement complex in Cheddar and our chosen charity can be seen on this link:

I'll message you on here with my postal address, telephone number and email, email because I can also send you confirmation that the charity has received the funds :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's fine Marky. Just let me have your name and address to send it and I will get it off to you! Not sure how you will send me the address as I am not up on all this technology. I live in a retirement complex with my wife here in Shropshire and I am 80 next week!
Gordon

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well if you fancy a moved down to warmer climes then feel free as I've got two flats free at the moment.

I did send you a message on here with all of the info but, as I', a little wary about posting my address in open forum can I ask instead call or text on 07746 731 432, I will of course call you right back to save you the cost :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
OK by way of feedback I've received Moggie's armrest with extra padding (and made my charitable donation.

BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE IN PADDING THICKNESS TO THE STANDARD AND EXTRA PADDED VERSION...SO DON'T PAY ANY MORE FOR IT.

In fact I would go so far as to say that mine has more padding as when you press the top of the leatherette it leaves a depression for longer.

Am fine with that as the one sent is being donated to a fellow 2008 pensioner owner.

Reactions: mooi1uk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey, what is life if you can't treat others with kindness and respect, although it takes a while for most to get my impish SOH :D

Reactions: mooi1uk
1 - 18 of 18 Posts