Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Took delivery of my new Peugeot 2008 yesterday. Am still getting to grips with it but must say that I am impressed so far and have had lots of compliments. To say it is only a few cms bigger than the former model, inside there feels to be a lot more extra room than that. The ride is good and am finding the seats to be very comfortable, haven't been able to tryout the opening sunroof yet and with the weather as is don't know when I will:sad:. Only downside is that as I wanted the GTLine trim was unable to get grip control. Did have it on the former car though only used it a few times in the 4 years I had the car so hopefully won't be missed too much.

Reactions: DavieG

·
Registered
287 Posts
Emma does it come with all season tyres? Those are fitted to models with 'grip control' and the tyres are half the battle in dodgy situations...just google 'all season tyres vs summer'

The youtube video's will show a 2 wheel drive with AST beating an AWD with summer rubber.

Incidentally what brand and size of tyres are fitted to the GT-line, ask as when I changed my fronts and rang a kwik fit with the sizes they immediately responded with 'you must have a 2008 with grip control' that was without the reg being shared:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi all,
Took delivery of my new Peugeot 2008 yesterday. Am still getting to grips with it but must say that I am impressed so far and have had lots of compliments. To say it is only a few cms bigger than the former model, inside there feels to be a lot more extra room than that. The ride is good and am finding the seats to be very comfortable, haven't been able to tryout the opening sunroof yet and with the weather as is don't know when I will:sad:. Only downside is that as I wanted the GTLine trim was unable to get grip control. Did have it on the former car though only used it a few times in the 4 years I had the car so hopefully won't be missed too much.

Hi Emma,

Did the dealer say as to why you can't have grip control on the gt-line? I've also seen on the Peugeot configurator that you can't have grip control on the active or gt but only on the allure.

Thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi Emma,

Did the dealer say as to why you can't have grip control on the gt-line? I've also seen on the Peugeot configurator that you can't have grip control on the active or gt but only on the allure.

Thanks.
Didn't you just answer your own question TAOD?

Been discussed before and lack of homologation/type approval was decided as why not...which dos baffle me....so a humble dealer won't have a clue :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Didn't you just answer your own question TAOD?

Been discussed before and lack of homologation/type approval was decided as why not...which dos baffle me....so a humble dealer won't have a clue :D

It is baffling but why is it available on the allure and not on other specs and I can't understand why it's not a homologation/type approval issue on the allure but it is on the other specs as they're essentially the same car but with varying levels of tech etc depending on which spec model you choose. In fairness, the dealer should be made aware by Peugeot as to why you can't choose it on a GT etc as i'm pretty sure people who owned a facelift and pre facelift 'old' 2008 will want to know why especially as it was available on all specs bar the active on the facelifted one but i'm not sure about pre-facelift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts