Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny how you can be both sad and happy at the same time.
Sad because my lovely 2008 goes next Friday and happy because my new 308 arrives atmy dealers on Friday.

They have all the PDI to do and they have to get my cherished registration transferred from the retention certificate, so I'm swapping over next week.

I paid the balance yesterday and sorted the insurance for the new car and printed the Insurance Certificate (not necessary I know, but I still like to carry a copy in the car).

Good thing with the insurance is that they give you cover for the old car plus the new car for the whole of the collection day.

So; I'll be swanning around in my new petrol 3081.2L Puretech130 EAT6 Auto in just a few days time.

I'll report on the 1.2 petrol engine mated with the EAT6 for everyone who is waiting (like I was) for the new engine + EAT6 auto to be available in the 2008.

Guess I'd better update my signature now......oops, I already have!

Al.

PS: Very nice spec on the 308 Allure as it has 2, yes 2, reversing lights + reversing camera; and one extra I'm really looking forward to having is the full LED headlights. The leather seatseven have a massage function to sooth my weary muscles.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello Allan,

I really look forward to your report on the 308/EAT6 have seriously considered jumping ship to get the EAT6 but really do like the 2008 and willing to wait a little longer but very tempted as you were. The only thing I find with the 82hp I have is that the power comes in with a bit of a rush and makes me feel like a silver haired boy racer, not my thing but the EAT6 with the torque converter should mask that and the 110hp would be just fine for us.

Your recent youtube post of the 308 road test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZkjbU-wTk

shows a very posh interior in white looks great not sure we could keep it clean is it available ?, is it a leather option I wonder. I like bling but not into toys just want cruise, electric windows and air. Actually prefer 15""�steel wheels for the ride quality over the pot holes.

Richard.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Richard.
In the 308 Allure the leather is an option and it comes with the massage seats. I wasn't too bothered about that feature but I do love good leather and Iam hoping it comes with the two memory settings for the front.
I alsoadded the 'Open & Go' keyless option as I've had that in previous cars and found it works really well. No fumbling to put the key in.

It is (in my opinion) a better class of car with a nicer ride and better seatsand thecar I had a short test in was just magic. No 'rush' of power for normal driving but it's there when you need it.

Cruise is standard as is the large sat-nav screen. The auto handbrake is also a brilliant system. It automatically sets when you come to a halt and releases smoothly according to how you accelerate away. Puddle lights set under the wing mirrors and small 'mood' lights set in the front ceiling and doors.

My 'silver' is now confined to just above my ears with a very wide parting, but sometimes you do feel the need for a bit of power when overtaking etc. This 1.2L 3 cylinder engine was surprisingly good and capable whilst being silky smooth going about it's job.

Al.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks a great choice Al. - wish you all the best with it.

Just wondering how much you will be aware of the lower seating ride against your 2008, and if this in any way becomes a loss to the driving experience.
Perhaps you have read that there were some unhappy owners complaining about a steering pull - to the left - seems it can be fixed by some realignment to the rear wheels, but Peugeot need a lot of convincing before they'll take any action.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in thinking that you have been an inspiration to the majority of us with your many interesting and helpful contributions here.. thanks for all you efforts and hope you'll enjoy the future with the 308 forums.

Edited by: ejohn

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's a shame you are selling the 2008 but the 308 is a great looking car and you have a fantastic spec.

I too am looking forward to hear how you are getting on with it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ejohn said:
Looks a great choice Al. - wish you all the best with it.

Just wondering how much you will be aware of the lower seating ride against your 2008, and if this in any way becomes a loss to the driving experience. ..............................
I thought the same so Imeasured the frontground to roof of the 308 and it's the same as the 2008. The roof of the 2008 is higher for the rear passengers, but not when they're getting in and out as the chrome strip along the top doesn't open with the door. The height given for the 2008 is from the ground to the top of the roof bar.

ejohn said:

Perhaps you have read that there were some unhappy owners complaining about a steering pull - to the left - seems it can be fixed by some realignment to the rear wheels, but Peugeot need a lot of convincing before they'll take any action.

I thought the steering was perfect on my test rideand none of the reviewers on youtube mentioned it; and believe me, I've watched a lot of them.

ejohn said:

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in thinking that you have been an inspiration to the majority of us with your many interesting and helpful contributions here.. thanks for all you efforts and hope you'll enjoy the future with the 308 forums.
Thank you for that....but maybe I'll just stick around a bit longer as I have been unable to find a 308 forum I like as much as this 2008one.
...................I'll have no-one to tell about upgrading my rearturn signal to LED...or my rear number plate to LED....or the TWIN reversing lights to LED.

Frank Bullitt said:
It's a shame you are selling the 2008 but the 308 is a great looking car and you have a fantastic spec.

I too am looking forward to hear how you are getting on with it.
Thanks Frank; I will report asap.

Al.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Seat Height

{Al wrote....I thought the same so Imeasured the frontground to roof of the 308 and it's the same as the 2008. The roof of the 2008 is higher for the rear passengers, but not when they're getting in and out as the chrome strip along the top doesn't open with the door. The height given for the 2008 is from the ground to the top of the roof bar.}

Didn't consider your tank-commander roof-top asperations Al
, but, - in a comparison of Peugeot's Interior Specification cut-through views, you will see that the shown seat base levels of our 2008's are mounted some extra height distance (10cm?) above a line level taken through the centres of the front/back wheel hubs.
In the 308, the seat base above ground level position is certainly shown in a relatively lower position than that of the 2008 - more or less in line to that of an equally similar, and so therefore directly comparable, line level taken wheel-hub centre to wheel-hub centre.
The 'carbuyer.co.uk' 308 review reports that the electrically adjustable 308 seat sits somewhat higher than the standard 308's seat - and so mentions "not so good for tall drivers" ... perhaps its that electrically adjustable bum massager
seat depth that makes up the ride-height difference with your new 308.
The front edge of the 2008's squab (when set-forward) rides at 60cm high above actual ground level -
so just wondered if that's also true with your new 308's seat mate?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi to you all,

Took a trip to my local dealer to see if I could live with the 308 if I can't get the 2008 with the EAT6 gearbox.

Great looking car and very nice fit and finish perhaps a little better than the 2008 but like everything some advantages and some not, liked the arm rest, still felt I was sitting lower than the 2008 and was I felt a little lower to get into. Did not care for the black headlining and would certainly miss the flat load area and one touch rear seat fold mechanism we have in the 2008.

My dealer told me they are putting a 308, 130 EAT6 on the road as a demonstrator very soon so I can test drive it at my pace (they are very good to me in that way) but at the moment it is most likely I will have to wait for the 2008 with EAT6. I see in the catalogue the interior colour used to promote the car (cream) which looks so nice is not available in the UK what is that all about ?.

I am sure it is a very nice car but perhaps not for me, there are some great deals out there at the moment which prompted me to have a second look.

Richard.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Al, I'm glad that you mentioned the electronic handbrake on your 308. I had one on my previous 3008 and it was magic. It takes away quite a few of the egc problems ,especially the hill starts and I found it great on that car. Miss it so much with the stylish but impracticle handbrake on the 2008.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Can't say l find the hand brake in 2008 and different then any other

·
Registered
540 Posts
RichardG said:
I see in the catalogue the interior colour used to promote the car (cream) which looks so nice is not available in the UK what is that all about ?
Unfortunately, in the UK we are a conservative bunch and always choose coal-hole interiors over any other option; Beijing Bronze is by far the best looking interior on the 2008 but it's as rare as rocking horse poo as people always default to black. The colour in the brochure isn't Beige, it is, 'Paedo Grey'* and is a residual nightmare in the UK.

*not the nicest name but attributed to the slip on grey shoes associated with certain individuals...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for that Frank,

I realise that brochures are international but still feel it is a little bit cheeky to show a glamorous interior which you cannot buy in the UK, the broacher I was offered didn't even list the 1.2/130 so is well out of date. The 2008 Beijing Bronze option sounds interesting and will consider it if I have to go for the Allure to get the EAT6 but my main turn off colour wise with the 308 was the black headlining I really could not live with that and the sales person did says other had felt the same and suggested the glass roof would solve that but of course you loose significant roof height.

Still a very nice car and I look forward to a test drive with the EAT6.

Richard.

·
Registered
540 Posts
In the UK Beijing Bronze is only available with Biance White and Pearl White on the Allure now that Dakota Brown has been scratched - on the continent it is available with all colour options as the Calima Suede is on the UK Feline models; that in itself tells you how brave (or otherwise) Peugeot UK are feeling on lively interiors. Shame really as the Nimbus and Cumulus grey would both suit it a treat.

I've sat in a 308 with the cielo roof and at 6'4" didn't notice the slightest loss of headroom.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The front is fine but the rear is tight I found still I don't have to sit there at the moment.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I'm back from sunning myself and lounging around the pool. Plenty to eat and drink and I'm stuffed.
Arrived back to rain after a week of extremely hot sunny weather in Lanzarote.

By the time many of you read this Ishould be down my dealers collecting my new 308.

After I collect my new 308 I'll be changing some bulbs to LED which fortunately are the same ones I swapped in the 2008.

I think it's just the rear number plate, rear turn indicatorsand footwells to do. Not sure whether to do the reversing lights as the LEDs might cause a strobing effect with the reversing camera; I'll give them a try though.....Oh....and of course the boot!!!

Looking forward to seeing the front full LED headlights working.

·
Registered
540 Posts
You doing a midnight collection Al?!

Enjoy, I bet you'll shed a tear for the 2008 but the smile will be there soon after!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Frank.
Midnight; no, I'll be there for a 10am appointment.

They should have it covered in the showroom so the smile should turn into a big grin as soon as I pull off the cover.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm gob-smacked. Car is wonderful.
Engine performance amazing and gear changes are incredibly fast and smooth. Sometimes the only way you can tell the gear changes is by looking at the gear selection indicator in the fascia display.

Leather seats are extremely comfortable and the seating height is exactly the same as the height I had it set in my 2008. Massage function works well as does the electric lumbar adjustment.

Engine is very quiet and mates perfectly with the EAT6 auto transmission.

Sound system is very, very good with many settings available to get the best out of the music you like. Lots of bass available and a very rich tone all round with masses of volume should you need it.

On screen air-con works better than with switches and buttons.

I've only done a few miles as I spent the rest of the time waxing and buffing. Changed some bulbs to LED but the rear turn indicators are a little more fiddly to get at as it is a small release nut at an angle to remove the main lens, and not a wing nut as in the 2008; so I'll do it another day.

Boot net fits better as the four anchor points are on the floor tray so you can drop the rear seats or access under the tray without removing it.

This engine and auto system in the 2008 will be well worth waiting for....but if, like me, you can't wait then get a new 308.

I'll report further when I get out and put a few miles on the clock.

Al.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I had a nice surprise from my dealer today. The current Peugeot offer is for 3years free servicing on orders placed during May but they managed to get me the offer as I took delivery in May.

I thought that was a really nice thing for them to arrange.

This photo is taken from www.facebook.com/WYCLIFFEPEUGEOT .

The car looks good but I look a bit worse for wear.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts