Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thrilled to pick up my new black allure this morning - 2 miles on the clock. Having moved from a 206 to a 207 and now to a 2008, it was fab driving it home.
It feels much longer, higher and capacious. Just love the touch screen and the rear sensors and the folding mirrors and the privacy windows.

Only problem is getting it into the garage with sucha long aerial. For the moment I've taken the aerial off but really can't bewith taking it off each time it goes in and putting it on again each time it comes out. I've called Peugeot this afternoon, also spoke to a Nissan parts dealer as I understand the Note stubby aerials are interchangeable.

This aside, it looks stunning and was much admired by several neighbours whilst I was setting it up with the dog crate, boot rug, etc.

Toffin
x

·
Registered
398 Posts
Welcome in PUG family :)
Dont worry for aerial antenna...works GPS and radio even without it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Toffin and welcome.

Have a look here to resolve your long aerial problem:

<a href="http://www.2008ownersclub.co.uk/forum/aerial-swapped_topic156.html#.VNzeEfmsUTA" rel="nofollow">aerial
swapped for a stubby</a>

Have fun. Al.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, George and Al.
I'll try the DAB radio reception without any aerial at all. If it's not good, I'll go the stubby replacement route.

Toffin
x

P.S.Just opened the door from the house to have a sneaky peak. It still looks just wonderful

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Toffin said:
Thanks for the welcome, George and Al.
I'll try the DAB radio reception without any aerial at all. If it's not good, I'll go the stubby replacement route.

Toffin
x

P.S.Just opened the door from the house to have a sneaky peak. It still looks just wonderful

It will be sh*t. There is a reason why you have an aerial.

I had the same problem as you with the garaging of the car with the standard aerial. I asked Peugeot what alternative aerials they have (because there are a number of supposed Peugeot Stubby aerials available from the usual auction site sources) But Peugeot stated that they didn't have an alternative.

I ran a number of comparative tests, and various aerials perform with varying degrees of success, but none match the performance of the original long aerial (but you may find the performance from one of the alternatives good enough depending where you tend to drive). I eventually made my own which performs better than any of the alternatives and is on a par with the original aerial but is about 6+ inches long. I did make an aerial that far out performed the original aerial but it was about twice as long and obviously useless from a practical point of view.

(Bear in mind that radio engineering is my business so I do have an understanding of this stuff, which helps.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a quick follow up. Without any aerial, DAB reception kept on dropping every few moments. I was in Halfords to get some new mats (about time after 10 years...) and the nice man tried their £5.99 stubby aerial. Reception was great and stayed strong on the homeward journey. Went into the garage just fine.
Toffin
x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks very much for the advice, Burty. Yes, you were right - reception kept on dropping without an aerial and I just can't cope with only hearing half of The Archers.
Peugeot really should provide a stubby aerial for these higher cars. Perhaps this is an opportunity for someone like you who could make and sell them?

The cynic in me is a bit suspicious of a £5.99 aerial from Halfords but they said if it doesn't work in the next couple of weeks just return it. No harm in trying.

Toffin
x

·
Registered
398 Posts
:) probably you have small power radio stations in countryHere I was at automatic washing and forgot for 3 days to put back my antenna...At second wash I asked the guy: please remove my antenna before washing...and he looked at me: WHAT ANTENNA??? :))))))
So at me is no problem in the region...
Maybe will find out a small antenna that match the impedance of long one, so you will not have too much disturbances....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It will cheapen the 2008 and make it look like a BMW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just reporting back on the success of the £5.99 stubby aerial from Halfords. I'm amazed at the consistency of DAB reception and the quality is excellent. Have now driven 370 miles covering midlands, the north east and Scotland, and reception is excellent everywhere so far.
Toffin
x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts