Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ""“ I'm new on here and as yet do not own a 2008, but will do, come June.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I currently drive a 1.6 HDI (110) 207SW Sport(on a 08 plate) and previously had a 308 1.6 HDI EGC (09 plate) as a company car ""“ my wife drives a 107 Active on a 12 plate. The 107 and the 207 were bought as ex-demo cars at a considerable saving on the new price.

Following the release of the 208, my strategy was to await the SW version as my next car and look out for an ex-demo, but learned recently that there was to be no 208 SW.

I have therefore been actively looking at the 2008 and found an ex-demo Allure 1.6 e-HDI (92) with EGC in Bianca White for nearly £4k below list price. Alas, upon enquiring it was found to have been sold a couple of days earlier. I asked when and what was the next demo car to be and was told it will be the same model, same spec and colour ""“ also at the same price. As they have to be in stock for 90 days before being released for sale I cannot have it until early June, but that is possibly the same lead time as a new order, anyway. I do know that it has been built, is in <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Calais</st1:place></st1:City> and is due to be delivered to the Main Dealership in a few days time.

Of course, during the 90 days it will be used as a demo car, but the other one has only got 400 miles on the clock, with only a couple of weeks before it has served it's 90 days. I was assured by the Manager that the Sales Execs are not allowed to take demo cars home or use them at week-ends ""“ it will always be at the showroom unless on a Customer demo.

I have been lurking on the forum for some while, but thought it was about time to come clean and declare my presence.

Evader

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Evader and welcome to the club.

Great choice of colour and spec I reckon.

Al.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts