Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All!
I am new to the forum as I have recently ordered a new Peugeot 2008 120 BlueHDi Allure manual in Amber Redwhich isdue for delivery on 2nd Feb hopefully. The main thing I look forward to is the 'grip control' and small steering wheel! Had a few queries as below;

<ul>[*]I have heard the gearbox is not that great? I test drove a 92HP access model which had a bit of wobble in the gearstick when accelerating but the fault was with the car (that is what I was told)..[*]What is the cost of a service normally?[/list]
Thank you!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations !

The 5spd is very wobbly and strange feeling. I have tried it on a 308 and personally i could not live with it. The 6spd on the BlueHDi 120 you have ordered, is much nicer in terms of feel. Though i found it a bit hard to shift in the first hundred miles.

As for the cost of service, i will let the UK guys comment about that :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alex2jz.. I was hoping as well that the 6 speed wont have the wobble and you have just confirmed that for me!
For the service, I am just trying to understand the costs involved as for me there is no local dealer or service provider I think (still need to look properly)..

To avoid confusion, I ordered the car through PCH and hence, its getting delivered to me from somewhere down south..

·
Registered
540 Posts
The difference between PSA 5 speed and 6 speed manuals is night and day; the 5 speed cars always have gearboxes that feel they have been previously run-in by being driven 100k around Paris by somebody with no mechanical sympathy, then put in your shiny new car - 6 speed cars have much more precise gearboxes.

Regarding servicing, always worth seeing if there is a discounted service package available.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Frank.. Glad to know the 6 speed will be better gearbox.. I did make the right choice then!
Now I continue to wait for the D-day!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually another question is; how often the service is required? An annual service is normally good practise and I don't think there is a service required after first 500-600 miles or any of the sort?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there,

I grabbed this from the peugeot website whilst I was looking into this. Waiting for my new Allure and was keep to get a knowledge headstart.

<table summary="Interim service s" id="table_template"><colgroup>
<col id="c1">
<col id="c2">
<col id="c3">
<col id="c4">
</colgroup>
<t><tr>
<th scope="col">When was your vehicleregistered?</th>
<th scope="col">What is your fuel type?</th>
<th scope="col">When should I have a scheduledservice?</th>
<th scope="col">Do I need an interimservice?</th>
</tr>
<tr id="row_template">
<td>2014 onwards</td>
<td>1.2 VTi Petrol</td>
<td>Every year or 16,000 miles</td>
<td>No</td>
</tr><tr id="row_template">
<td>2013</td>
<td>1.2 VTi Petrol</td>
<td>Every year or 12,500 miles</td>
<td>No</td>
<td>2014 onwards</td>
<td>1.4 & 1.6 HDi Diesel</td>
<td>Every year or 16,000 miles</td>
<td>No</td>
<td>2013</td>
<td>1.4 & 1.6 HDi Diesel</td>
<td>Every year or 12,500 miles</td>
<td>No</td>
<td>2013 onwards</td>
<td>1.6 VTi Petrol</td>
<td>Every year or 20,000 miles</td>
<td>No</td></tr></t></table>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for this.. I did have a look at the same too and wasn't sure if owners here were carrying out servicing outwith the recommended schedule...
The closest dealer for me is 35 miles away..

·
Registered
540 Posts
You'd have to be mad to push the intervals, oil is cheap, engines aren't...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry Frank my comment was a bit misleading.. What I meant was; have any of the owners here carried out their earlier than the recommended schedule.. Basically if anyone has got one done in 3 - 6 months or so...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Delivery confirmed for 28th Jan..

·
Registered
165 Posts
We find the 5speed gearbox first class. Ours might be a one off? I am ex motor trade and can be very critical but in the case of the 5speed on a 92bhp e-HDI I find it slick and precise.

·
Registered
100 Posts
moizjazz said:
Sorry Frank my comment was a bit misleading.. What I meant was; have any of the owners here carried out their earlier than the recommended schedule.. Basically if anyone has got one done in 3 - 6 months or so...
I had oil and filter done at dealers at 6 months old
due for recommended service in April 12 months old

1 - 13 of 13 Posts