Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I'm an owner of a 6 Speed 1.6 Allure HDi in Black purchased around June last year. A few weeks ago a friend purchased the same spec car and yesterday I had a ride. I noticed he has a new interface for the media console.

You can see it here:

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/media/show...t_2008_multi-function_colour_touch_screen.jpg

The other thing I noticed is the top button has been relabeled to src.

Does anyone know if this is a new hardware update or software only?

I didn't notice any other changes.

James

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wonder how we get that 'skin'? I drove a 208 Style (64) this week and it too had that 'skin'. I have to say it was so much better than the 2 choices I have - really clean and easy on the eye and not gimmicky looking like the 'skins' I have.

I queried with the dealer but they didn't have an answer if that was available for the 2008. But seems it is. Just how to get it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have that skin too (one of only two skins available). I'd be interested to see what other skins other owners have.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It would be good to know if we can upgrade older cars as the original GUI is pretty awful The first thing to know is whether the hardware is the same.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I like more the 2 interfaces from 2013. You can choose between them...and looks more profi...this one is Android like...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Has anybody got an update on this?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think Burty might be right, this could be a hardware issue that will prevent else early adopters getting the better interface (trust me, it IS better). The car I had had different buttons. The top button on the left for example was labelled 'SRC'. But it looked so much better, very intuitive to use. It is shame it looks like we won't get it.

My dealer doesn't have an answer, so I guess this will not be available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting to hear people's thoughts. It's certainly better than what we have, I'd poke my dealer but they barely knew anything about the car to start with.

I am going to have a longer play with it and see if I can dig up any more clues about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Different hardwarem from what I've read in other forums. Around summer 2014 they switched the Multimedia from SMEG to SMEG+. This can be seen, IIRC when displaying the version, SMEG will display 3.2x and SMEG+ will display 5.2x

Supposedly lots of improvements come with this, but, alas, the possibility to use (hem, hem) "ünsüppörtëd" (I don't want to create the impression I support this behaviour, in spite of the - at 150‚¬ - rather pricy Peugeot Map Update Policy) map upgrades is also gone, since the map material does not seem to be compatible any more.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Maps from 2/2014 is available in gpspower forum...Have installed. Works with SMEG and SMEG+.
SMEG+ suppose to be more "customizable"...Personally I like SMEG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts