Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm hopefully going to be purchasing the 2008 Allure model in the next few weeks! I'm taking one for a test drive on Friday at my local peugeot dealer and cannot wait!

After briefly looking at the car last weekend, I was sold at first sight, I just hope being behind the wheel does the car justice!

In need of a new car that's perfect for a family (my little one is not so little anymore!
).

On a side note, whats the average waiting time for the car, from signing on the dotted line to delivery?

Looking forward to hopefully becoming an active member here!

Edited by: ar24

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome Ar24,

You might be lucky and it will only be a few weeks as they are up to speed with the builds.

Back in July 2013, 12/13 weeks from signature to delivery.

Jinxx

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi ar24 and welcome to the club.

I don't think you will be disappointed with your test drive.

Good luck.

Al.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi we had about 5 week wait for ours. I'm sure you'll love it as much as we do!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope it is only a few weeks then! That would be amazing.

Looking at getting the 1.2 petrol Allure in black.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi ar24! Welcome to the club.

Somebody after my own heart - I have the 1.2 Allure in black. It's a lovely car and I agree with Allan, I'm sure you'll enjoythe test drive.

Would be interested to hear what your current car is as that can sometimes have a bearing on things for you regarding the change of vehicle. If it helps to put your mind at rest though,our previous car was a Mazda RX-8 and, whilst we knewthe 2008 was never going to match performance wise, we're not disappointed with the drive.

Best of luck for tomorrow - happy driving!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jack'sMam

My current car is a 3 door 1.4l Fiat Grande Punto.
Not a bad little run around but my little one and I are certainly out growing it!

Really looking forward to tomorrow!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi ar24

You will definitely like the drive of the 2008.Depending on how old your Grande Punto is, I don't think you'll feel too much difference between the 1.4 Punto and the 1.2 2008 - the 2008 is surprisingly nippy for a 1.2.

Look forward to hearing your opinion after tomorrow's test drive. Really hope you like it!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I had a Grande Punto before getting my 207 which I changed for the 2008.My GP was a diesel so I won't comment on the driving comparison but in terms of general build quality and feel of the cabin components the 2008 is streets ahead of the GP.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I've had my test drive today and the car was simply a pleasure to drive! I absolutely loved the feel of the steering, it felt so smooth.

Obviously it felt a little weird to drive because of the gearbox and clutch but that's something you'd have to get used to with any new car.

I really appreciated the ride height and the positioning of the dashboard.

I'm going in on Monday with my current Punto so they can value the car and if all is well and good, I'll be signing on the dotted line!

My dealers said that it would take about 2-3 weeks until I would have the 2008. So a pretty good waiting time!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hope the dealers are not reading your posts on here, if you seem to keen they may hit you hard on your p/x price
,rubbish car the 2008 (nudge nudge) "I'll only buy it if you give me a one in a lifetime Punto valuation

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jonesy said:
I hope the dealers are not reading your posts on here, if you seem to keen they may hit you hard on your p/x price
,rubbish car the 2008 (nudge nudge) "I'll only buy it if you give me a one in a lifetime Punto valuation

Don't worry I'm not a pushover! I've done my research.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't disappointed ar24. Hope you're driving your new 1.2 black Allure soon xx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I have just ordered my Allure 1.2 VTi in Nera Black! :D

PX'd my Punto at a good price too!

I have about a 4 week wait now. My dealer said around the beginning of May until I have it! Cannot wait!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi ar24

Hurray! Congratulations - good choice, though I must admit I'm a bit biased ha ha. Hope the next 4 weeks pass quickly for you xx

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi AR24. You say you hope driving the car is as good as it looks...... If you haven't driven one yet my wife and I felt it was just like putting on your favourIte slippers... We felt so comfortable and were so impressed we ordered one immediately. I was so impressed that I am seriously wondering whether to order another instead of my 13 month old Tiguan as the economy is so amazing..... Also we have the most fantastic Peugeot dealer who have looked after our 6.5 year old 307 so well.... (As a guy who served many years in the motor trade, I know what I want and I am told very hard to please!)
Please note I never worked for any Peugeot dealer so I'm not plugging my old employer (in fact I was a Volvo sales manager)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Geoffh said:
Hi AR24. You say you hope driving the car is as good as it looks...... If you haven't driven one yet my wife and I felt it was just like putting on your favourIte slippers... We felt so comfortable and were so impressed we ordered one immediately. I was so impressed that I am seriously wondering whether to order another instead of my 13 month old Tiguan as the economy is so amazing..... Also we have the most fantastic Peugeot dealer who have looked after our 6.5 year old 307 so well.... (As a guy who served many years in the motor trade, I know what I want and I am told very hard to please!)
Please note I never worked for any Peugeot dealer so I'm not plugging my old employer (in fact I was a Volvo sales manager)

Hi Geoffh,

I have test driven the car now (ordered too), the car felt an absolute treat to drive, I cannot wait to be driving it on a regular basis!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Almost two weeks gone. A potential two more weeks to go. Itching for my Allure already!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My Allure is now in Zeebrugge

Obviously waiting to get on the boat!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts