Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Hello All - 64 plate 208 silver Peugeot 208 - bought Spet 14Swapped from a 2007 Corsa 17 CDTI - which made Barney Rubbles car look fast !

However.....since week before Xmas I have a real big condensation problem inside the car.

Windscreen is very wet on the inside.....pulled back the sunroof cover tonight and water was dripping from the roof ! and I mean dripping.....car is kept outside and only does short 5 mile journeys... sometime longer.

To demist in a morning take a good 10 mins.....or a vileda cloth which can be wrung out at least twice..

Ideas what this might be....and how to get it fixed. Loved the car at first - now worried I have bought a lemon !

Due to take back for the 1000 mile service offer next week - and I need to get this sorted with the dealer

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Do you have a leak somewhere? It may be the case that water is getting into the passenger compartment and then it evaporates and condenses on the inside of the windscreen and sunroof. Check the carpets are dry, if not it could be that you have a leak somewhere.

If so depending on where it's wettest should give you a clue as to how it's getting in . Check door seals, boot seals (check under the boot floor for any water), or possibly a blockage in drain holes at the bottom of the windscreen (if there are any) causing water to get in and pool in the front footwells (a common problem on many cars).

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I had a similar problem with a new Jaguar XJ which turned out to be the drain hose from the sunroof and also with a Honda Civic that was also traced to a drain hose.

Quickly remedied by the dealer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds like a leak, the rubbers around the doors on 208 because on door not body. If previous owner used straps on roof might caused low point in rubber as already said check carpets dry after that check roof lining around glass roof, if dripping as bad you say my bet is the glass roof sealsEdited by: Mik207

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
littlegreypug said:
Will do - but its a 3 month old car...! - not a good advert for peugeot I am afraid.....

True. But no problem is a good advert. In Peugeot's defence there appears to be very few quality issues with the 2008 and even fewer failures.

In the case of your car if it's a leak that is causing the problem it's unfortunately a very minor issue with a big impact.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Any manufacturer can have a minor problem from BMW to Fiat, had a Toyota few weeks old kept blowing fuse, turned out it was recall job, cover for fuse box wasn't water tight in rain or car wash, but at least you still covered by warranty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys - will check when it stops blowing a gale ....can anyone point me in the right direct of the drain hoses ?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive had a similar problem since day ine of buying my car. Its ny windows/windscreen that it happens ons. Ita getting to the stage where i cant use my car. It happen this evening doing 70 mph on the motorway

1 - 9 of 9 Posts