Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just a quick hello, currently have a 208 and have a 2008 on order.

I placed the order on 15th September and I am awaiting a build date.

What kind of deals are people getting? Is that something we can discuss in here?

Shaun

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Between £1000 and £1500 discount seems common. Some may be slightly better.

Armed with what I know now if I was buying I would push for a discount of 10% off my chosen model with all the extras I wanted, with full tank of fuel, mats, and none of the high margin extras that the dealers try to push such as the paint protection, gap insurance all of which can be had for 1/4 of what they want to sell it to you for.

I would think if you play hard you can probably get close to that 10% off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got slightly better than that and a reasonable p/x on my 208.

Just waiting now, last time I went in wk48 was mentioned, is that late November?

·
Registered
144 Posts
shaunwelcome

yes you could discuss

but it maySOUR a few peoples purchase
as deals seem to vary (also part exchange , strait purchase ,dealer financed or the just add fuel deal makes it a little confusing)ring around dealers (poss car agencies)and haggleto find you best deal
it may be worthsticking to your local dealer (you'll have prices to compare and negotiate with)

good look

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Shaun and welcome to the club.

I got a fairly decent PX allowance on my Qashqai and an 8% discount on my 2008 and extras.

Al.

PS: I agree with burty; you don't need the paint protection or the GAP Insurance (many Insurance Companies offer full replacement for 12/24 months on brand new cars). As for the paint; you just need a few applications of a decent wax to protect it and then washing and topping it up.

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the best deal is the one you agree is good when you place your order, I don't mind paying more than other providing I am happy with the result.

Just worked out I got 15% discount.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Shaun use Carwow http://www.carwow.co.uk/. I did then went to my local dealer with the best offer and they price matched.Then got some extras,full tank of juice,mats and Peugeot Protection.When use Carwow put exact spec you want and wait a few days for replies.I saved £1100 plus in a few mins at my dealer.

Edited by: 4l0

·
Registered
540 Posts
4l0 said:
Shaun use Carwowhttp://www.carwow.co.uk/. I did then went to my local dealer with the best offer and they price matched.Then got some extras,full tank of juice,mats and Peugeot Protection.When use Carwow put exact spec you want and wait a few days for replies.I saved £1100 plus in a few mins at my dealer.
Yes, I'd always hit broadspeed and then give your local dealer(s) the chance to match it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
ShaunJUK said:
I now have a VIN number is that a good sign?

Yes it means your car is either being built or has been built.

-Sam

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I popped in today and my new car is in transit, expected by 2 weeks at the latest, maybe by the end of next week

I was given the Reg Number today too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Going for mine in 30 minutes....got a lovely call too from the garage, that as the residual value of the car has just gone up, my finance payments have come down by £25! pretty chuffed with that.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Congratulations. Enjoy.

I guess the residual values going up is a decent message for all of us. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Moolis said:
Going for mine in 30 minutes....got a lovely call too from the garage, that as the residual value of the car has just gone up, my finance payments have come down by £25! pretty chuffed with that.

Thats interesting as I e-mailed the dealer with some finance questions today, paid off more on my current car so settlement figure is lower and want to see what that does to current balance etc, I wonder if he will be forth coming with that information.

-Sam

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just picked it up and it is gorgeous - will post pics later.The residual has gone up by £750, which is pretty unheard of apparently. They rang me and told me, so hoping all dealers will be the same and pass the information on.

Absolutely love it - Calima interior is stunning

·
Registered
311 Posts
sorry i may be thick, but what residual value are we taking about? old cars or the 2008 car itself?

·
Registered
311 Posts
so you will have to pay more when you settle or will you just be exchanging it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts