Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. After much deliberation over next new car I have got a 14 reg 2008 allure 115 bhp and am blowin away by it. I have spent many an evening on this forum so thought i would share my thoughts. I am in the emergency services and twice a week I drive from south west scotland to harrogate, a 800 mile roundtrip so economy Is a big concern. I have 7always stuck with audi or vw, a 2 ltr passat being my last car. I looked atnew honda civic but no reverse sensors or spare tyre and they wanted 14500 for a 13 plate where as the 2008 was 13500. I got the 6 speed for the motorway part of journey as think u need that for those speeds.
ECONOMY. Well the car is excellent on fuel. On way to work the roads are quiet ant 4 in the morning I am averaging 56mpg and I aint hangin about On on the a65 to the motorway I am 70 mpg with the busy traffic and by the time I hit the a75 and home it states on computer65mpg. On fill up it is 32 ltrs for the 400 mile trip whereas the passat was 39 ltrs so that with the 20 road tax I am saving a pretty penny in the month as I average 7 trips a month on my shift system. The car has plenty of power for overtaking and is really relaxing to drive. Not noticed any significent body roll and seats are cumfy. I am 6 ft so plenty of room and am now used to looking over the steering wheel at the instument cluster. The entertainment system is fab and all accessible from steering wheel. Downloaded music for memory stick and all works a treat. Another reason i went for the 2008 was the grip control as had 4x4 for the winter journeys which was costing me about 80 pound a trip so hopefully will get to test it on the yorkshire moors this year. My only gripe is not much of a cup holder for my costa caffiene boost at six in morning but fits in the door fine. I have one question tho and that is what brake fluid should i use as cant find specs in hand book. I always carry top ups due to mileage so any info appreciated. All in all 2000 mile done in three weeks and one happy bunnyt

·
Registered
506 Posts
Delboy,

I like your style you're putting as much mileage on your vehicles as I do. Glad to see you're enjoying it after the Passat.

I've run Audi's for quite a few years now and decided to do a change. Like you I thought of getting another from the VAG gang, but was disappointed in the costs and the 2008 was excellent.

They do have their niggles, and some will say I hate them its just the electrics I hate. I tell you what is impressing me is the economy you are achieving that is excellent.

Carry on enjoying it and welcome to the club, they are a great bunch on here. Some have had/ having issues with the gearbox and infotainment systems but even so they defend them to the hilt. There's something to be said for that.

I occasionally return North to Yorkshire and head on to Scotland I look forward to the Flying Pug.

Take care

1 - 2 of 2 Posts