Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We recently put an order through for a petrol 1.2 engine Allure with Satnav, delivery date September. We are thinking of adding the Peugeot protect as our lil one gets car sick alot nowadays, we unfortunately didn't think of that at the time of haggling

Anyway wanted to say hello and we are really excited about our choice and our very first brand new car.

Never had a Peugeot before so not sure what to expect from dealers re. Customer service.

JinxxEdited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
155 Posts
Greetings and welcome.

Dealer service will depend on the company, and will range from dire to superb. Most dealer chains own franchises for most brands, so a crap dealer will probably have an equally crap Honda or BMW dealer in the same chain- the brand of car has no bearing on it.

The paint and fabric guard is a crock, and a hugely expensive one at that. The average owner can apply it themselves and the kits are £10-25 on eBay, depending on the make. The paint protection isn't worth it, the blurb is a downright lie and in 4-6 months any protection will be gone. Apply something like Autobalm to the paint 2 or 3 times a year, and use something generic on the seats, such as the perennially excellent Scotchguard.

The dealers make a killing on these fripperies and one kit will do 2 or 3 cars so they're coining it on parts and labour. Avoid it like the plague.Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Don and thanks for your welcome.

I'm excited to have found a forum for this car didn't realise how new it was to the market.

We are buying from Robins and Day, they boast that they are actually owned by Peugeot (not sure how true that is to be honest)

I didn't realise you the protection thingy you could diy. May have to do some research. They gave me a quote of £250.

I'm not very knowledgeable about cars so please forgive me I will be asking some possibly daft questions

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Jinxx and welcome to the club.

Our local Peugeot dealer has always given us excellent service. Very helpful and any minor fault on my wife's 11 year old 206 has always been dealt with immediately (not that we've really had many).

Servicing has always been excellent with a follow-up phone call the following day to ensure we are totally happy with everything.

I wish you luck with your new 2008; doesn't the time drag........

Al.

PS: As Don said, dealers charge over the top for that fabric protectant. Have a look here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xscotchguard+spray&_nkw=scotchguard+spray&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ebay item 171062886639 for the seats.

http://www.bilthamber.com/auto-balm for the paint. That leaves you £220 for beer and fags.

The typical paint protection kit costs the dealer £10-15 or so, and they'll do several cars with it yet still charge each owner for a kit. The trade stuff like Diamondbrite etc isn't very good anyway, so even if it weren't such a ridiculous price I still wouldn't recommend it.

Edited by: Don Bernard

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
As Don said; Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm is excellent for the paint.

I told my dealer to clean my new car but not to polish it as I will be applying two coats of B-H (with a day in-between coats) and then follow up with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.

I've used B-H Auto Balm on the paintwork, windows and trim for years with excellent results.

Remember to follow the instructions though!!

Al.

PS: Not sure about the fags, but definitely the beer.....and maybe.....a little wine.......

Edited by: allan40alt

·
Registered
155 Posts
Allan's spot on. The Bolt Hamber stuff staggeringly effective, but it isn't as easy to apply as TurtlebWax and following the instructions is a must, but well worth it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hi Jinxx.My local dealer is also a robins and day and I must say I despise them.I (rather stupidly) have been using them for our servicing for many years, fundamentally due to convenience. I suspect that the purchase experience will depend very much on your salesperson.I received a better, more honest (I think) view from the Peugeot rep at the 2008 preview than from the robins and day salespeople. When I asked for a price the salesman didn't verify what options I wanted, quoted me for the paint protection even though I specifically told them I didn't want it, and their starting price was at least £500 more than list.

Fingers crossed your experience is a good one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh dear, that isn't good. Did you make a complaint?

My fingers are crossed for me too to be honest.

Hopefully, it'll get better.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I didn't make a complaint I just ordered through a broker instead.I did get a follow up phone call from Peugeot and answered honesty. It became clear during that call that i also should have been offered the "just add fuel" option but wasn't.

I will say that given my experience with servicing by Robins and Day, Peugeot's poor reputation for customer service is entirely justified.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I've been given a build date of last week of September. Not sure of when it'll be delivered though.

When we ordered we were told delivery will be end of September. Not feeling good vibes as our road tax runs out end of September so we will see what they say.i did advise them of that when we ordered as i was not going to pay for another one so hopefully a further discount to compensate for having to buy a new one.

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes from build date to collection? It would be 10 weeks from order date to build date.

Edited by: jinxx80

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ordered mine around the same time as yours Jinxx, my latest build date is 22nd September with delivery week of 15th October. My original delivery date was August 23rd but was delayed due to the factory closures. I am not holding my breath! Same thing has happened to me as you, I have just had to tax and insure my car again when I thought it would be gone by now!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
When I ordered mine I was told it would be delivered at the end of July or first week of August I think.I put it off until the first week of September to get the benefit of the new registration. I asked if there was a delivery date last week and was told the car is in France and to expect a September delivery. I have no idea when I September, fingers crossed it'll be early September.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The OP ordered the same week I did and mines now in the UK so shouldn't be long.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts