Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just in the process of buying an almost new 2008 , 65 plate with 2k on the clock.Gone for allure spec and gone for the new 100bhp bluehdi , really wanted the 120bhp version but cant find one.
Hope I've made the correct choice of engines.

I have always been a peugeot enthusiast, having been in the Peugeot Sport Club for the last 20 years.
My other cars include the legendary 205GTi with full turbo technics.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Hi and welcome to the 2008 club. I am also a die hard Peugeot fan since 1990, having had two 309s, two 405s 205, 206, 207, 807 and the 2008. The 2008 is quite simply the best car I have ever had, although others had various positive elements too, and we have had the 807 for more than 10 years.

When we were looking for a car for my daughter in the summer we looked at just about every possible hatchback and ended up buying a 207.Edited by: burty

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,Great these stories about old peugeots. I had a 204 (simply perfect), a 305 (so smooth) and a 405 break (with 3 kids and a dog!), recently a 206 and now since end of september the 2008 ....and indeed I am again superenthousiastic, already 12.000 km on the clock with 100% satisfaction! (allure e-hdi S&S 17´negra perla)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Had a ,105,205,206,207 then tried toyota and went back to Peugeot for a 208 and now 2008, you can't get a more comfortable car unless pay big bucks or they might have the odd quirk but that's what makes them french.Edited by: Mik207

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah its been a good drive so far, just felt embarrassed at the petrol station when i was looking inside the car for the fuel cap release,lol (first fill up) spent about 10min before giving up, had to google it on my phone.Seen the car go up a ski slope so cant wait to try the grip control in bad weather

·
Registered
79 Posts
nosman, did you get a Hand Book with the car ?It has info about how to fill the tank on page 198.

Be interested to hear how you get on with Grip Control.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All just received my new car 1.2 etg allure, just a quick question when we got our car our dealer gave us 2 keys one which was with the buttons to lock and unlock and the other just a single key with no buttons, is this right? Or should I have had 2 keys with the buttons? Please let me as I'm going back to the dealers to purchase some mats

Many thanks
Dan

·
Registered
316 Posts
No Peugeot only supply one flip key, the other is the master key.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If anyoneneeds another key it's worth getting one or two as backups. A Peugeot transponder key with chip, no remote, costs a fraction ofthe price of a remote key.
It's always a good idea to carry a backupspare key just in case the remote key goes wrong, or gets damaged,or the battery fails or is lost, or it gets destroyed in the washing machine, oh yes it does happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts