Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone just introducing myself as another 2008 owner the car is turning up today!!!

Feline Mistral 1.6vti

With upgraded wheels, WiFi on board, Park Assist and Peugeot SOS

I found this forum to be a vast area of knowledge and has helped my with my choice of car. I will post some pictures later (after I customise the car just a little)

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome to the club.

Sounds like you're going to have some fun.

Good luck.

Al.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I looked at getting the wifi on board, let me know what it's like as I may have to get that in the future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All

As promissed here are the pics (sorry car needs a but of a clean as everyone in the family has been loving it!!)

from outside (colour Nimbus Grey)

Wifi Unit - Mounted in the boot really good piece of kit and USB drive can be unplugged from car and used as a wireless access point for your laptop!!!!

Changed internal light to LED Blue (front Seats)

And added led strip light to under seats to light up rear footwells

Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30cm-15-SMD-LED-Flexible-Strip-Decoration-Light-Lamp-Bulb-Car-Van-12V-Waterproof-/281103932145?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Night_Lights_Fairy_Lights&var=&hash=item4173199af1

Changed wheels to silver / black

Changed seats head rest to DVD players

and lastly fitted italian armrest

Armrest purchased from http://www.carcomponents.net/peugeot_2008_bracciolo.htm

Edited by: paulwilliamsuk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great upgrades especially the dvd player.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi SpinnerUK

I've update the post with some pictures that show the WiFi fitted in the boot

WiFi module is really good bit of a pain to set up as I have an EE SIM card but the EE APN details didn't work I had to use T-Mobile details in the end (as its the same network) you have to use a laptop to configure it first of all using the inbuilt network card. This allows you toname the wireless and set up a password then its all good to go.

Its not mentioned on the Peugeot site or any where in the documentation there is a dongle that you can remove from the WiFi box that you place the SIM into this can then be plugged into a laptop to have Internet Access when not in the car. Its really handy and all installation files are built in to the dongle so there's nothing to loose works with Windows and Macs too

I hope this is of some help

Paul
Edited by: paulwilliamsuk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for that Paul, looks like a worthwhile upgrade so may have to look into that.

Guessing it's all wired into the cars electrics ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Italian arm rest
i fitted one to. £90 delivered in 3 days to.Nice quality and great company to deal with.I ordered brown to match panama trim.

·
Registered
153 Posts
paulwilliamsuk said:
Hi Everyone just introducing myself as another 2008 owner the car is turning up today!!!

Feline Mistral 1.6vti

With upgraded wheels, WiFi on board, Park Assist and Peugeot SOS

I found this forum to be a vast area of knowledge and has helped my with my choice of car. I will post some pictures later (after I customise the car just a little)

Thanks Paul

How is the Park Assist?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Is the WiFi an official Peugeot accessory as I have been unable to find it on the Peugeot web site?

·
Registered
162 Posts
chribonn said:
How is the Park Assist?
Park Assist is amazing! While recently trying to find somewhere to park in the side streets of Bristol, I let it have a go in very tight space that I didn't even think it would accept. 4 manouveres and we were in.

I got out the car, looked, scratched my head and thought how on earth has that just happened! There's is no way in a month of Sundays that I would have even thought about manually parking there let alone actually doing it. The 'leaving parking space' was handy too! Oddly it did it in less manouveres.

Very clever technology and glad I paid for it. With the added bonues of the front sensors too of course.

Edited by: TrevorB

·
Registered
124 Posts
I believe it's official as I was going to get it when I ordered as it's on their website configurator thingy.

Something like £145 if I remember.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
burty said:
Is the WiFi an official Peugeot accessory as I have been unable to find it on the Peugeot web site?

Yes its is genuine and mine was fitted by Peugeot its in either the Peugeot 2008 specifications or the accessories you can even purchase it herehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-CITROEN-WIFI-ON-BOARD-GENUINE-PART-9702-GV-Ideal-TAXI-Minibus-/261411943456?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cdd5db420

Its easy to fit two wires earth and ignition possitive

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Park assist I can honestly say is frightening but amazing and gets into some small spaces too brillinat piece of kit and well worth the money

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
paulwilliamsuk said:
burty said:

Yes its is genuine and mine was fitted by Peugeot its in either the Peugeot 2008 specifications or the accessories you can even purchase it herehttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-CITROEN-WIFI-ON-BOARD-GENUINE-PART-9702-GV-Ideal-TAXI-Minibus-/261411943456?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cdd5db420

Its easy to fit two wires earth and ignition possitive

Whoa! How Much?!

So aside from being in the wrong place for optimum connection to the 3G network, what's the difference between having one of these and a portable wi-fi hotspot for less than £30?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Burty

Where I live i've never had an issue with signal and if needed you can add an external aerial.

When it comes to using a hotspot that's your choice, mine is set up and ready to go whoever in the family uses the car I just thought it would be an easier option than having a hotspot. But like I said its up to choice.

·
Registered
70 Posts
At that price i think i will carry on using my 3 Mi-Fi dongle

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nimbus grey looking lovely - great car. I wanted Nimbus grey, but when I found an ex-demo in Dakota Brown with £4k off the list price and only 700 miles on the clock, I sacrificed my colour choice to bag a bargain.

Not sure I'd ever fork out for the in-car wifi though. I have a '3' mifi device, which was free on contract and I pay £11 per month for 15gb of data each month - something portable suits far better and can be used in the car. Can't see the sense in forking out for an in-car unit really.

How did you wire the LED for under the front seats (lighting the rear footwell) in to the car? Where does it go?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Where do you have your rear LED strips plugged into?

·
Registered
311 Posts
danny149 said:
Where do you have your rear LED strips plugged into?

When you figure it out Danny, can we do another meet to sort me out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts