Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handover due on Friday, Stock vehical, so only a 6 day wait.Allure ECG diesel.
More info after pick-up

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Dawry and welcome.

You'll enjoy the egc drive. Smooth and silky or as fast as you want.

Have fun.

Al.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Alan... , many thanks for the info, most of which I did know, but I am aware that many would not, even the dealers can be 'obscure' about the methos that is used in these cars, my current car is a Toyaota yaris mm, which has the same operation, including the paddles.As for clutch wear etc, I would believe that this is also dependent on how the car is driven, I have learnt with the yaris that a gentle pull away not used more right foot than is absolutly needed, and then increasing as required.
And lowering the engine load when a gearchange is felt. Time will tell on the 2008.

Another issue that I need to find out in use is how good is the hill assist function, I have read the mechanics on the forum, and sort of understand them. (This was after my test drive so could not try it out). The salesman said that "This model does not have Hill Assist" that only comes on cars with electric handbrakes. I will ask again at pick up tomorrow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, 2 weeks in.

All going OK, learning to cope with the over active stop start, It stops way to soon, which is annoying in morning congestion. currently diabling to stop it stopping until after the engine is warm, and hoping that the dealer can correct this at the 1 month check.

Then when I have or even before I have re-activated, my actions are to stop, place into neutral, and but hand brake on, I don't sit stationary with brake lights blinding the car behind,

This also stops the clutch being in disengage mode, which sounds like a good idea to me.

After the system has been re activated, I can watch the traffic ahead, when movement is imminent, I can slip into auto, and hold on the handbrake, ready to move with the engine ready started, takes a while but with judgment, and timing you can be ready with engine running for a second or so before moving forward, sort ofyou controlling the machine and not the machine controlling you.

My other issue is the non display of the gear selected in the main central display, again hoping that this can be sorted at the 1 month check. sounds like the firmware has changed since the instruction book was written from the early cars.

Otherwise, gear changes are getting smoother, probably partly me and partly the clutch bedding in.

Still only seen one or two others on the road,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts