Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, about to become a new owner tomorrow (Amber Red, Allure 1.6 Auto) cant wait...

A couple of questions if you please:

Are there indicators on the wing mirrors ?

As for the climate control, do you leave it on Auto ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Fredgee.

Happy times for you.

LED indicators are inset in the wing mirrors.

I leave my air-con on all the time.

Good luck tomorrow.

Al.

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi fredgee as alan 40 altl said i need not repeat his words

good luck for tomorrow u cant go wrong with the 2008

i had to wait 4 monthes 4 weeks old friday

mezza....

2008 allure 1.6 outo e-hdi stop and start in nimbus grey

·
Registered
540 Posts
For the climate, set 'auto', select a temperature (say 20C) and leave the car to do the rest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the info.. Will be hard to sleep tonight cant wait.. Feels like xmas eve..˜Š

·
Registered
36 Posts
WOW, the second Amber Red in the area finally arrives! Good luck tomorrow

Gaz

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Congratulations.Enjoy.

For the climate control, mine is on all of the time (which is the point of climate control)I leave mine in Soft Auto mode, unless I need a quick cooling of the car in which case I switch it to Fast Auto.This system is intelligent so it only runs if it needs to so it doesn't use fuel unnecessarily.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Fredgee, good choice of colour itwasn't available when ordering mine they look stunning in red, I think most on here would agree, you are going to bevery pleased with your 2008 it's a great package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is a quick overview of my first impressions:

Coming from a 3008 1.6 diesel, my new car felt very nippy and i loved the small steering wheel (felt like a gaming wheel) the steering was really light and just felt right.

The cabin had a real premium feel to it and you cant beat that new car smell.

Had a play with the touch screen but had to stop myself from touching it while driving this could be a problem taking my eyes off the road.. But guess it wont be when i get used to the steering wheel audio/phone controls..

There was a menu on the screen in the settings called access or something ? Think it had a picture of a key (cant quite remember) but when selected there was nothing in the option to select. Is that normal ? If so then whats the point of the menu option ? (no info in the manual).

Glove box is rubbish.. Cant even fit the owners manual in it.

The stereo sounded better then I thought it would so thats a bonus..

Overall I love the way it drives and handles, and cant wait to drive it again tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

There is an elasticated storage area for the owners manual/handbook in the boot.

You can see mine stored in the bottom corner of the above photo (from the "replacing the boot light" thread).

You're right though; the glove box is pretty 'bijou' !

Glad you enjoyed the drive.

Al.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Fredgee said:
Glove box is rubbish.. Cant even fit the owners manual in it.

I've put this elsewhere but will mention it here too - that's due to the fusebox not being switched from Left Hand Drive to Right Hand Drive cars so the location (which is between the door and steering wheel on LHD vehicles and isn't an issue) eats into the glovebox - this is a common issue across all PSA (Peugeot Citroen) cars that aren't based on Mitsubishi platforms sadly.

Somebody posted a picture recently of their glovebox on a LHD car - very envious! In our old Picasso it wasn't an issue as there were two additional gloveboxes on top of the dash but with the DS4 storage is somewhat limited, and it's the same with the 2008 - we get a couple of cans of Pepsi Max in and the breathylisers sit there for trips to French-France and that's your lot!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi I am new to this & This is my pride & joy.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what to use for transferring pictures on the touch screen?

Do you use an iPod or an iPhone?

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi bigbird
is that a NIMBUS GREY i see before me lol
i have the same colour n its a nice colour to choose

u will really enjoy driving it as we have done
for a month comfy pleny of leg room to the back
passangers n at the front we cant fault it

good luck

mezza...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I took it out for a drive today & it was flawless! Very smooth on the motorway & good on all types of roads. It has put the fun back into driving again! How is your car my friend?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do agree as I used to have a Peugeot 407 which had a huge globe box which was very generous in comparison. The 2008 has a smaller globe box but that said it is still a neat vehicle to own & drive!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had my Feline Mistral in Bianca white for one week now and just love it. Looks good, comfortable and is a fantastic to drive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Aha some here, one week on & I am more than happy.

It has brought a smile to my face as I love motoring & the Peugeot 2008 has reignited my passion for driving again! The small steering wheel plus the clear windscreen makes driving so easy!

Enjoy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts