Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......and what a pleasure it was to renew it online.

I always renew online but it seemed different this time.

It was much quicker to do and, oh yes, IT WAS FREE !

·
Registered
37 Posts
£20 for me - sorted online this evening!!

Not quite free, but about 10% of what I paid last year!!

I understand that from 1st October people renewing won't get a tax disc anymore!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
To be honest, I've been paying £30 for years with the A2 - I remember the first time it was renewed at the local post office the guy looked at the form all curious then at me, back at the form then at me proclaiming 'It's a car, I though it was a moped!'. Back then our annual tax bill was £60 between the A2 and smart!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I renewed recently for 1st October.The renewal site did state a Disc won't be provided.Nothing has come yet.I am planning to put a "Tax in post" note in my tax disc holder. :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
burty said:
I renewed recently for 1st October.The renewal site did state a Disc won't be provided.Nothing has come yet.I am planning to put a "Tax in post" note in my tax disc holder. :)

You won't need to as the law has changed.

I'm not sure though whether I will still need to display my tax disc as it is from 1st September. I'm pretty sure I don't have to after 1st October.

That new tax disc holder is another waste of money!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Must be 1st October onwards is disc free. I think it is wrong and open to much fraud and misuse. Cameras cant be everywhere and especially non built up areas.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
allan40alt said:
burty said:
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">You won't need to as the law has changed.

I was kidding Al.

You know you can check Tax and MoT for any vehicle on line, so long as you know the registration number and make:

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Edited by: burty

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went right over my head

1 - 10 of 10 Posts