Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

New to 2008, advice needed please!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Nickcc102 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about to become a 2008 owner and am very excited at the prospect (I used to have a 308SW and loved that car).

I'm hunting around and sending myself round in circles like you usually do when researching a car and came across this forum and wondered if you can help? I'm looking to buy a used 2008 for around £10k and want to get at least an Allure but ideally an Allure premium. I test drove an Allure which had the higher (130?) BHP and really liked how it drove

I seem to find mainly either one around 2019 with 20-25k miles on it or a 2017/18 with 12-17k miles on it.

I have my eye on a 1.2L Allure Puretech 2019 with 27k miles for £10.5k. The car is nice but do you think that mileage is too high for the price? Would I run into issues buying a 2008 with slightly higher than ideal mileage?

Thanks for any advice!

#4 ·
Must be over 40 cars I’ve bought and sold during my motoring years, some good and some decidedly bad purchases have been made. They say say to take a mechanic with you to make sure you get a good deal, sorry but as a retired mechanic I can assure you we don’t always get a good deal or maybe its just me 😁

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.