Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment all the manufacturers are bringing out new "all season tyres".

Not like the Goodyear Vector All Season or the Hankook Range or others.

I'm talking about the

<ul>[*]Michelin Crossclimate [*]http://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/michelin-crossclimate[/list]

or the

<ul>[*]Pirelli Cinturato All Season[*]http://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-gb/car/find-your-tyres/test-results/all-season/cinturato-all-season-autobild[/list]These are the new range which will do everything, well nearly everything, that a dedicated Summer or Winter Tyre will do.
Now for a guy who lived in the "frozen north", who knows what it's like to drive on winter tyres in the winter I wouldn't do anything otherwise. I appreciate their will be ones who say we don't have the weather extremes here as they do on the continent, and that's true, but for someone who covers on avg 800 miles per week, I for one will be looking at putting them on Madams car with a view if the sizes become available on the TT.

I like particularly the Pirelli Puncture Proof Tyre (see video)

Now we have this new generation of tyres which we can leave on all year round and still get the benefits without changing wheels and tyres in October and back again in March. These will be something I will be looking into me thinks.

Anybody got any first hand experience of any of the new generation boots?

Also take a look at this review from EVO

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/15171/pirelli-cinturato-all-season-tyre-explored

Edited by: uncletone

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since arriving back from the South of France just before Xmas, madam needed, no that's not exactly true, but she thought it might be a good idea to stick some winter tyres on the 2008. (in the Sunshine state of Cornwall)!!

Anyway has the car has now done 22k miles since the beginning of July, we thought it might be a good idea to look at the rubber on the car.

Fronts; 4 mm left (Michelin Energy Savers) on from new.
Rears; 6 mm left (same make etc)

So not too bad. Anyway we decided or should that be , madam decided it would be better to put new winter rubber on.

So we have invested in the Michelin Cross Climate which are a winter tyre that can be run all year round.

First impressions I think they are a little softer in the sidewall, but noise levels are the same..ish. What about the Road holding and Handling........, on a Peugeot 2008 1.6 Diesel, come on you must be joking.

I happened to be out in it travelling across to Southampton to meet a client this week and the weather was foul, madam wasn't using the car so I nipped out in it. Do you know what impressed me the most, the ability to cope with water logged roads, aquaplaning was virtually none existent braking was first class. You could have been on dry roads.

Now I'm not expecting snow in the South West but if we do get it these tyres will be awesome.

Thoroughly recommend them to anyone thinking of putting winter tyres on, especially those living in the frozen north, that can be used all year round.

As for the half worn "Energy Savers", come April they will be going back on and madam can wear them out during the summer. Come the winter, we'll put the "Cross Climates" back on.

Shame they don't make these in a size to suit the Jag.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had Michelin Cross Climate on my Citroen for about 2 months and they were great. Unfortunately I traded them in with the Citroen when I purchased my 2014 Peugeot 2008 Allure as it was too much hassle to change them plus they didn't match the 2008's requirements. Great tyres though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts