Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from New Zealand.

I'm a new accidental owner of an Allure 1.6VTi in white, Oxford Black Trim.

Our Allure spec is different to the UK one, probably closer to the Feline as we get the panoramic glass roof as standard in our Allure.

I say "accidental" as we'd actually set out to test drive an Alfa Guilietta as a dealer was doing a very attractive deal. We drove into the dealers and asked to see it. They looked a little confused and said "ah, that's our other branch down the road. We just do Peugeot and Subaru here."

We'd noticed the 2008 when flicking through the classifieds, but not really paid it much attention. I said "well we may as well see what you have to offer since we're here". Despite being tempted by a 208GTi we found our selves looking at a preused entry level 2008. Climbing into the cabin, I was amazed at the interior space, comfort and the very attractively laid out touch screen. The dealer offered us a test drive, and having 6 year old twins in tow, were happy for me to fit our car seats and disappear for a test drive.

After a very enjoyable 25 min drive, we were hooked. Back at the dealers, we looked at the price difference to new, and also the higher specced Allure, which had better trim and the glass roof. Being in NZ we tend to get a much more limited selection that you guys.

Anyway, now three weeks in and really enjoying driving her. Have the same irritation over the entire lack of reversing lights, but I'll look at various upgrades as suggested in the Tech forums.

Have only seem one other on the roads here, although there must be more about!

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts