Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, It seems to have become the norm now to sell cars without owners manuals &,service records.
I travelled back with a pre reg ,15 miles on the clock, Allure Premium,some 75 miles from home.
I had my fingers crossed all the way praying there would be no problem on the way,which luckily there wasn't.
The dealership promised to send me a service record last week but due to CVID ,nothing arrived.
I was going to download the Owners Manual & print it,but found it easier & less time consuming to order a comb bound one from EBay seller.
Has anyone else had the same problem over service doc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes just taken delivery of new gtline.amazed no manual
Read on first page of start up manual.you can buy hard copy.from Peugeot

·
Registered
211 Posts
Too bad about the Owners Manual (although to be honest, much of it isn't that good!) but if the car was sold 'with a fully service history' then you should have that. However if you bought from a Dealer, most are now temporarily shut because of the C.Virus (UK) so you may have to wait.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealership replied today to say a service record book has been ordered & they'll sort mine out when things are back to normal.
The Owners Manual cost £8.99 from EBay seller pdf-2-print,so not sure how it compares pricewise with the official one.

·
Registered
287 Posts
My 66 plate GT Line came with both an owners manual and also stamped service book....so guess I'm just lucky! :)

As these had mostly been done at kwik fit (who undoubtedly do a good job) I had a major service done and signed up for a service plan at £17.99 a month for 3 years, so that will be 2 x A ( minor services) and one B major, in addition to a free MOT when due in October.

As regards to MOT's I'd rather take it to somewhere like KF as they spot anything and try to make money out of me (they don't in my case!)

Typically I hunt around and use discount codes and have never paid more than £25 for each of my last 3 MOT's, any remedial work I then get my cheapy but competent mobile mechanic to do

·
Registered
287 Posts
Who's Manuel, is that one of our Spanish members? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts