·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Burt,

Welcome and is that a proper automatic gearbox you have or one of the funny ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Burty,I am a new 2008 Allure owner, 1.6 Diesel Blue HDI S/S in Neru Black. But I have a query, on the bottom r/h side of the info screen, the display for the average MPG has two dashes against it until your speed gets above 20mph (as the manual says), but once above 20mph the average mpg display is wildly all over the place from over a 1000 mpg to 20 mpg to a few hundred mpg to etc etc etc, changing every second, and is quite frankly useless if you want to know your actual mpg. Is this normal? My previous car had the average displayed on the screen and used to go up and down by the odd tenth of a mile (especially on long trips) but never jumped about all over the place like the Peugeot is doing. I know you can look at the trip computer screen to see your average mph and mpg for that trip is, by pressing the button on the end of the stalk. But what I want to know is, what my overall average mpg is, the main screens average display is useless, and I don't for the life of me know why it is there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The display you have showing sounds like it's "The current fuel consumption tab" and it will showdynamic readings for thecurrent fuel consumption, it's useful for monitoring your driving style and dynamic fuel consumption.
There are 3 tabs on the Trip computer information displayed, by pressing the 2nd or 3rd tab you will access the average fuel consumption, either can be reset by touching the "Reset" for2+ seconds or similarly pressing the button on the end of thewiper control stalk. The two trips working independently of each other so you can use one for your ongoing fuel consumption and one for a trip consumption for example.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your reply Light I really appreciate it. I am amazed that the current fuel consumption display should swing wildly all over the place with its estimates. No car that I know of averages over a 1000mpg one second and then 32mpg the next, and then 276mpg the next then etc etc, (when at the same speed and in the same gear) as this display shows, and for that reason I think its a total waste of space as it is of no use information wise whatsoever, had it displayed 52mpg then 52.3mpg then 50.9 mpg, I would have some idea of my fuel consumption, but as it is, its useless for any realistic idea of what fuel consumption you have I'm afraid.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi IanRK,

As you say that screen you are looking at gives miles left for the remaining fuel, and as "Light"says it then shows the current fuel consumption as you drive along. I know "madams" current fuel fluctuates but not to that degree.

If you then press the end of the stalk (wiper) the next screen is the !st Trip which I know madam uses on a daily basis to show her mileage that day with an average fuel consumption, and average speed. Pressing the end of the stalk again gives the second trip which she uses over the month to show total mileage, average consumption and average speed.

Yours should show the same being an Allue if not there may be something not quite right with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts