Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,we picked up the wife's new 110 Nimbus Grey Allure yesterday..we are very impressed by it,however I've got a possible minor niggle.I can't get my very old ipod nano 2 gen to work/be recognised thro the 3.5 jack. Tried my daughter's more up to date ipod, using different lead and still the same
Is it me or a problem with the car?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I quite sure that it will only work via the aux 3.5mm jack, not via USB
, note this requires the aux in to be selected, it will not select automatically.
And then only control is on the ipod, which is not possible whilst driving, I find it best to place music on a USB flash memory stick and play directly, I use MP£ format, not sure if apple formats will work this way.

Edited by: dawry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having had a quick look at the manual, ie I haven't actually tried it, I don't think the system will recognise, or even detect that it's there, anything plugged into the 3.5mm jack. It'll simply play anything sent in via the socket, assuming you've selected it as a source.
If it doesn't even do that then there may well be a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the replies. I've got it "working", but not fully sure of fix/answer. The car has mirrorlink and has android auto on wife's phone. It appears that when car is linked to phone using the USB port and cable then the aux input is blocked out. I'll have a play and post my findings. Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
ChrisPduck said:
Cheers for the replies. I've got it "working", but not fully sure of fix/answer. The car has mirrorlink and has android auto on wife's phone. It appears that when car is linked to phone using the USB port and cable then the aux input is blocked out. I'll have a play and post my findings. Cheers
Please let us know what you think of Android Auto. I was told it wasn't available yet on the 2008.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts