Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchaced my 2008 1.6 e HDi egc Allure in virtual blue through the motability scheme (April 2014). This was a replacement for a 3008 1.6 HDi egc sport I had for the previous 3 years.

Both cars have their pros and cons:- More storage space in the 3008 (including an air cooled centre storage box which can hold a 2 litre bottle standing upright) - something the 2008 does not have. The 2008 has a smaller fuel tank than the 3008.

The 3008 has a clunky semi auto in which is very noticeable in all driving conditions - this has still not been sorted in the new 3008. The 2008 has a much smoother gear change, and a better fuel economy - even with a roof box fitted, I was averaging 50mpg in the 3008 and have averaged 62mpg in the 2008 on a trip up to North Scotland from Hertfordshire.

I have got one problem with my 2008, it needs a new coms unit which has failed since having hand controls fitted to the car causing the indicators not cancelling straight away. This is being sorted under the cars warranty and it will be replaced as soon as the new part arrives at the garage.

[edit] I will post photos when there is better weather.

Edited by: Sabre99

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Hi Sabre99 and welcome to the clu.

Sounds like your pretty pleased overall and about to get your little problem resolved.

I guess it doesn't matter about the smaller fuel tank as you'll still go further.

Good luck and happy driving.

Al.

PS: Don't forget to update your signature so we can all see the spec you have chosen on all of your future posts.

Edited by: allan40alt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts