Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a bit of techno geek and love stuff that makes life easier (even if it was easy in the first place) so after having had my xperia z for a year i finally splashed out on some tags to test it all out

these ones to be exact!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CE3IC74/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bargain!!!

massively impressed with the little things and can't wait to get a couple stuck in the car and in and around the house. if you have an annoying phone like mine where you have to unlock it, select bluetooth on, then navigate through the menu, locate the device you want to connect to then click pair these are a little god send. simply download a read/write app tell the app what you want the tag to do, scan the tag to write to it then wallah!! stick it where you need it! all i have to do now is unlock my phone put the phone up to the tag (if you stick it to the back of a phone holder even better) and it makes the phone automatically turn on bluetooth and connects to the car and switches on my "car mode" app so im ready to drive without half of the nause and i have the keyring one set up to switch everything off (bluetooth, mobile data, wifi etc) to save battery. awesome little things wish i had bought them sooner!

planning on having 2 near the door to turn wifi on and start all updates and fetch email when i walk in and the other to turn everything off when i leave so no more accidental flat battery.

i must admit my kids had great fun running round the house this evening scanning them as id programmed them to make the phone say different things as a bit of fun, they where giggling for hours. well until my phone battery went dead that is!

Edited by: jonnyg30

·
Registered
107 Posts
I understand you, I like the idea but never found a need yet to use them. My S4 is very good at syncing with everything like my cat etc. So haven't found a need yet :/

·
Registered
107 Posts
I meant car but is pretty good with my cat as well :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha was about to ask if you had a bluetooth R/C cat lol

mines not to bad but i always have everything turned off until needed to save battery and im lazy lol so the idea of the phone configuring itself into "driving mode" just by placing it in the car really interested me.

granted i will have to leave NFC switched on but i dont think that uses up anywhere near the same power as leaving bluetooth on, well early battery readings show not anyway lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts