Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem.My problem is intermittent,usually in the morning :: start engine put in drive (ecg gearbox) stays in neutral.Will not go into auto,reverse even if I try with paddles,and manual shift.Leave car for 10 to15 minutes and all is fine,the car will go into auto (forward or reverse) My car has been back to the dealer 3 times and they say they cannot find a fault.They have had the car overnight and say it is "perfect",nothing show up on diagnostics. I have called out the R.A.C but by the time they arrive the car behaves normally. Any thoughts anyone ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have not had that problem with my current 2008 ECG but on my previous 3008 ECG 3 times in 3 years the vehicle would not move when put into forward or reverse gear. The only solution was to turn off the ignition put the vehicle into neutral and start again. It worked second time. When mentioned to the dealer predictably they said that Peugeot had never heard of the fault. Must be one of the deafest manufacturers going. There were loads of references to similar problems on the various forums dealing with PSA vehicles . I was never presented with an explanation or cure so await your further posts with interest. As I have posted on other topicsI would advise careful consideration before selecting ECG as an option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts