Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys.
I have just put a deposit down on a 2015, 2008 active blue HDI, but i was disappointed to find that the screen does not have a sat nav, is there any way i could get it installed,?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you could find a scraper with one in and a competent auto electrician then maybe yes, but it would probably be easier and cheaper to just download Waze or google maps to your phone.They are free and automatically update free

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, i have the sat Nav on my phone, but i just fancied using the sat nav on the large screen of the car, thanks for taking the time to reply

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, im in the same position as you, just bought mine same year as yours. On the touchscreen when I click Internet it says to contact the dealership, not sure if I need some sort of device to allow me to mirror my phone to the touchscreen. I contacted Peugeot online and they told me to contact a dealership, not very helpful. I just want to be able to get a sat nav on my screen!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not sure if it will work on your year of car this is how it works on mine.

You need android auto on your phone, free on play store.

And the phone needs to be plugged in to the usb port in front of the gearstick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not sure if it will work on your year of car this is how it works on mine.

You need android auto on your phone, free on play store.

And the phone needs to be plugged in to the usb port in front of the gearstick.
What year car is yours?

·
Registered
8 Posts
After watching that video I'm quite sure it won't work as I don't have the option on the touchscreen for android auto, I just have Internet which shows up saying to contact the local dealership, but ill still go and give it a try

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tried it and I didnt work. Looks like I need something from Peugeot so I'll have to wait and see if they get back to me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tried it and I didnt work. Looks like I need something from Peugeot so I'll have to wait and see if they get back to me.
I called Peugeot and asked them, basically he said it was possible but that the screen would have to be replaced with the relevant one, and a competent electrician would have to change the wiring about on the car, he recommended that it would not be financially worthwhile to do so, and i also got the impression he wasnt overly optimistic with how it would work.....i think we will have to accept that we dont have the sat nav feature on the car or swap the car for a better model, i have decided to use google maps on my phone

1 - 15 of 15 Posts