Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 63 plate 1.6 auto diesel at 30 to 50mph I have whining noise its loudto me ...anyway its going in to dealer for check up. Took it in for fist service to day they had a listen but no time to look at it properly.........Anybody got same problem.
John

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi John, do a search on here and you'll find the same problem on other EGC models - if have a stiff drink first, though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes it is a fault. PSA are getting away with murder. Every time someone (who has parted with a vast amount of money to them) complains they either say they know nothing about it (see my posts on ECG) or its normal for this vehicle. No its not. When you come to trade in your present new car, and all 2008's are reasonably new, you will see how the amount your car will fetch is affected by the "unknown" faults that you are now suffering from. The trade and other customers will shy away from these cars.The diff noise is due to faulty diff gearalignment caused by bearing faults. They should put this right for you.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Pilot is bang-on - your dealer is wrong and it is a fault on the output shaft bearings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I just hope it keeps going and does not get worse or even bust ..I have had diff,bust open once ,long time,ago and it was not funny believe me.

Can't see what I can do about it now.
John

·
Registered
273 Posts
If your dealer really won't fix it for you contact Peugeot Customer sevice and I would tell them if its not fixed that you will involve Trading Standards and/or the Press. I would also tell the dealer that you intend to do this. I believe that their bonuses from PSA depend on their customer satisfaction rating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks for reply.
I fear that a repair may not work and the car would be off the road for ages. I have done 13k miles and the noise is no worse.
So if it stays the same I'll live with it.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts