Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'd be interested to hear the opinions from owners having a 1.6 HDi 115 diesel engine.
Do you find it noisy?

I've owned Peugeot cars with diesel engines for the last 16+ years and have found them extremely quiet compared to some other makes.

Having now covered around 1500 miles the engine seems to have become noisier at low speeds and also when accelerating hard, the sort of throaty noise you get from a leaky exhaust.

Probably let the dealer have a look but would be interested to hear from others on the subject.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've covered a similar mileage and wouldn't say that it is any more noisy now than it was when I took delivery.I had a 207 hdi gt before this (essentially the same engine I think, although the turbo is in a different place) and I think the 2008 is quieter.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine has only covered a few hundred miles but I would say for a oil burner it's not too bad.

·
Registered
540 Posts
burty said:
I've covered a similar mileage and wouldn't say that it is any more noisy now than it was when I took delivery.I had a 207 hdi gt before this (essentially the same engine I think, although the turbo is in a different place) and I think the 2008 is quieter.
It's a different engine - the old 207 had the 16v head, the 2008 has the newer 8v head.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
burty said:
It's a different engine - the old 207 had the 16v head, the 2008 has the newer 8v head.
Interesting, thanks.Makes sense given that the exhaust must exit at the opposite side.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've driven petrol cars for the past 30 years and have to admit I was a little worried abot the potential noise of a diesel.

In fact, now I have it, I am pleasantly suprised just how quiet it is! Especially when I pull up at the lights and the ECO kicks in
! Seriously though, I think it actually runs pretty quiet compared to some other diesels I have been a passenger in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts