Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

Having been a member of previous other owners clubs' forums, it is great to see that my new car also has a page to come and peruse.

My dealer has told me that my new 2008 is on its way and should be available to collect on 27th June, so I can't wait!
I opted for the Allure spec (as I've been impressed with what you get for your money - I've previously owned a 207CC and a 107) in Nimbus Grey, with the 1.6 e-HDi Stop and Start EGC. I was looking for a more practical, more economic and more stylish alternative to my frugal but feisty 107 and I believe I've got what I wanted.

I shall post pics when I get it, and I'm sure I'll have a massive grin on my face!

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome. That's not too long to wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, not long at all..!

Can I ask you what kind of mpg your 2008 realistically does? Obviously the figures they quote are always pretty inflated, but I saw that you also have the e-HDi and thought you could give me a more accurate answer?

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
242 Posts
I got a 92 bhp diesel and I an averaging around 57 mpg(longest journey I tend to do is 15 miles).It drop a couple mpg with the air con naturally, I recall North Devon is a lot of lanes/hills and coming up to the holiday season,it will take a hit further on your mpg !

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I do a lot of motorway driving, and overall the system is showing the fuel economy to be just over 58mpg.

I filled my car up on friday night, drove only about 8 miles around town at the weekend averaging around 45mpg, then did the 80 mile motorway trip to the office in monday morning commuting traffic via M20, M26, M25, M3 and the system is now showing the economy since the refill to be 65mpg. With a range remaining of 696 miles.

Quite honestly I am more than impressed. It gets better when you refill from 'empty' and it's a struggle to squeeze much more than £40 in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I found the same as Burty. I filled up my wife's 2008 e-HDI and it took about £40. So I suggested as I had filled the tank on her car, she reciprocated..... She did mention that £87 filling up my Tiguan was rather a lot. I think I owe her another fillup. The 2008 seems to average 65ish with a lot of town use. Truly amazing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi could you tell us when you placed your order so I can see what the current waiting times are, I ordered mine beginning May and have heard nothing to date, thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
The dealer should be able to tell you the build date etc. When we ordered ours we were told it was on the boat. It took about three weeks from then to taking delivery.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Oh how I remember that pre collection visit.

Exciting times. Enjoy.

Al.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Al

I once walked 4 miles in the hot sun, in my work suit, so I could see my new car for the first time - was worth getting incredibly sweaty and ruining my work shoes in the process lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts