Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still getting used to the car so maybe it's me but I seem to be fighting the gears (1st/reverse especially), gear stick seems sticky or notchy and it's almost as though I need to force the gear.

Could be that it just needs time to wear in but has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sam, I have the same gearbox/engine but mine is nice and smooth, not notchy at all.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T 10WE T said:
Sam, I have the same gearbox/engine but mine is nice and smooth, not notchy at all.

Might just be me, its hard to describe. For example if I put it into reverse its like the gear stops for a second and then I need to give it a nudge to get it to fully engage.

I couldn't for example put it into first or reverse using just my fingers.

-Sam

·
Registered
101 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me, maybe it will get better but mine is the same now as it was when I got it. I would get it checked out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My 308 1.6 eHDI 112 6 speed has cables and was notchey from New.The 92bhp was 5 speed and Non cable and ok.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello,

Did the notchiness improve :)

It also mosts feels like I have not fully pressed the clutch (which I have).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes Sam. I have the 6 speed 308 1.6 eHDI and it has cables.When i got it i hated it but yes mate it has now done 24000 miles and fine. Wheres my bloody feline

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Sam

Just collected my 2008 this afternoon. Exact same spec as yours Sam. Have just driven home 40 miles from dealer.

I also felt the gears a bit notchy and stiff for my liking.

Hoping things will bed in, but will definitely be raising this if no improvement when it is due it's check over in 6-8 weeks time.

Only other minor grip was finding the boot had to be closed with some force to get it to shut properly.

Otherwise first impressions are very good.

Beejay.

1.6 e-HDI Allure 115 in Bianca White with panoramic roof.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Beejay said:
Hi Sam

Just collected my 2008 this afternoon. Exact same spec as yours Sam. Have just driven home 40 miles from dealer.

I also felt the gears a bit notchy and stiff for my liking.

Hoping things will bed in, but will definitely be raising this if no improvement when it is due it's check over in 6-8 weeks time.

Only other minor grip was finding the boot had to be closed with some force to get it to shut properly.

Otherwise first impressions are very good.

Beejay.

1.6 e-HDI Allure 115 in Bianca White with panoramic roof.

My Boot was a bit like that. But appears to have improved. I guess it needed a bit of initial bedding in.

My gears are a little notchy but to be honest I think this is a characteristic of Peugeots as pretty much every small Peugeot I have had has been similar. I think the 6 speed box doesn't help. I find engaging 4th on a downshift can be tricky at times.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have this same problem too actually -i am hoping it will just wear with age or i will mention it at service

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello,

Has anyone notchy gear situation improved?

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
107 Posts
1500 miles and not really

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have trouble sometimes with reverse when it's really cold in the mornings.It's slippery smooth compared to my last cars gearbox though, that was what you really called 'notchy'

·
Registered
162 Posts
I haven't exeprienced this at all. In fact I find it lovely to drive - gears are very smooth. But then I have the 92bhp 5 gear, which I believe is slightly different in operation?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mines ok.The 308 i had was awful.So am really impressed with the 2008.Must stop over steering though

·
Registered
68 Posts
9000 miles and still no improvement. It actually popped out of gear the other day, will mention it when I take into service next few months

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi,

Mine is due for its 1000 mile inspection so going to mention it then, I often find that its reverse, 1st and second that feel the most "notchy".

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just out of interest why are you having a 1000 mile inspection - I cant see any reference to that in the service manual. Is this some thing particular to your dealer?

·
Registered
162 Posts
russo109 said:
Just out of interest why are you having a 1000 mile inspection - I cant see any reference to that in the service manual. Is this some thing particular to your dealer?
I thought this was just common practise? I didn't even ask, they just reminded me when I picked up the car to do that. They just make sure fluid levels are okay and everything is tight that should be and just check any niggles you might have found.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts