Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
The first monthly check/1000 mile service is really just an introduction to the service department! Peugeot used to insist the check was compulsory for warranty purposes but it is now optional but has many benefits for both the dealer and the customer if any issues should arise - such as notchy gears

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm finding reverse gear is very hit or miss. Even when I think it's engaged and showing on the screen as in reverse, there's that horrible grinding noise which tells you it isn't in gear - this happens sometimes 3 or 4 times consecutively when trying to get it in reverse.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A useful tip from "pre-synchro days" if it won't go into 1st or reverse, don't force it. Just lift your foot off the clutch fully then try again. It side to work.
It may well bed in, if not a trip to the stealers is the next step!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Sam, just bought a secondhand Feline Mistral 115 6-speed with the same problem. We reported the problem and the dealer offered refund or replacement. Major inspection costs were quoted which they don't wish to spend, they make so little margin apparently.Edited by: Brittany

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm finding reverse gear is very hit or miss. Even when I think it's engaged and showing on the screen as in reverse, there's that horrible grinding noise which tells you it isn't in gear - this happens sometimes 3 or 4 times consecutively when trying to get it in reverse.

I have the same on my 2008. I find that it happens it's if you're shifting straight from 1st gear to reverse and I had the same issue in my 107. I took it to my local non Peugeot garage and this can sometimes happen as first and reverse are not synchromeshed together and recommended to double-declutch before engaging reverse gear and since double de-clutching it hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Appreciate that, in 20-30yrs manual boxes will be a thing of the past, since all hybrids and electric cars will be automatic and probably self driving*. Which is why I told my 17yr old to take her test in an auto.

*But that'll be long after most of us have shuffled off :D

21 - 27 of 27 Posts