Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I managed (it was quite simple really) to 'mis-fuel' my 207sw. Fortunately I realised before starting the engine, but by the time I had paid for 40 litres of petrol and to have the tank drained and 10 litres of diesel added, there was not much change out of £200. I have to admit to doing this before, but it was 15 years ago, with my first oil-burner- hope this is the last time ever.

Certainly don't want to do that to the Allure when I get it in June.

I feel a complete dipstick, but can tell you all as very unlikely to ever meet face to face :)

Statistics on the web show this is done every 3.5 mins in UK.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah... bin there too with my old diesel C-max....wot a plonker...
But better news is that with the diesel 2008 there is a newer type filler sleeve under its fuel cap - and this should only allow fuel to flow into the tank when you use the more recently standardized snug fitting diesel fuel pump nozzle. Have read somewhere that this new filler sleeve can cause problems where some older remote filling-station fuel nozzles exist.... and as to what happens if you want to use that emergency fuel can...?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have fueled at an old gas station here, with Diesel...sure did not have new type nozzle...and worked...Only needed to keep the pump nozzle a little angled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts