Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if my 2008 allure should have a 'oil o.k.' message when the car is started up. My local Peugeot dealership says it doesn't have one, the dealership mechanic said he'd fixed it, but there isn't any message coming up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't believe it does

·
Registered
107 Posts
Odd mine does not do that just checked it

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Just checked mine.

Turned the ignition on and it came up in the info window between the two main dials with 'Oil level correct' .

·
Registered
107 Posts
Think that's another issue for when it goes in for the recall plus the front wheel arch that isn't seated correct

·
Registered
273 Posts
Message not showing on mine. It used to on my 3008. I think that they are changing things as they get into the production process and the handbooks do not reflect these changes. (cost cutting measures). We have had several posts lately where the information supplied to the driver does not match the handbook or those who had earlier build cars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hmm mine was a November build what about others

·
Registered
273 Posts
mine too

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll mention it when I take it in but sounds like you could be right.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I just had a thought....you are just turning on the ignition and waiting a second or two?

If you immediately start the engine then it will switch to monitoring the oil pressure before having time to display the oil level.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No I always wait for the dash to self test before starting.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Tried to start mine as soon as I put the key in and I still get the message 'oil level correct' for about five seconds no matter if I wait or not.

Mac.

·
Registered
540 Posts
For reference, we now have a Citroen DS4 1.6HDi and this also does not have the level sensor unlike earlier DS4's and our old Picasso - on investigation it seems PSA (Peugeot citroen) are removing this feature from their cars; ours was a June 2013 build so it seems this change hit the 2008 a bit later and the early ones have the sensor.

Not the end of the world as there's no harm in lifting the bonnet every month to check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts