Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been told our Allure is on the boat which should dock in Sheerness tomorrow. It then goes to Sandtoft, the PSA Distribution Centre...... So it looks as if it will be with us shortly after Easter. Then it's dealer fit for front parking sensors and door bump strips... Then we can take delivery and enjoy it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Geoffh - would you be so kind as to tell me the price and availability of the front parking sensors. I have asked the dealer from which I am buying my ex-demo Allure for a price, but so far they have only told me "£195, still in manufacture" . I have asked if that is a fitted price, or cost only, but have yet to receive any confirmation.

Evader

·
Registered
242 Posts
My dealer(Spire Hatfield)was unable to fit the Peugeot front sensors ,but fitted their own at £299.There is a switch they fitted(Out of sight),it is not intergrated on the lcd.It basically bleep & get a continuous tone when to stop. My Allure was white and they fitted white sensors.It does the job

·
Registered
22 Posts
Geoffh - can I asked when you ordered your Allure?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We ordered it on Sunday!
The service department are trying to find a labour time to fit the sensors from Peugeot.
I have a guy who will fit sensors who used to do all my work when I was in the trade but I'd prefer to get the Peugeot one fitted for warranty reasons!

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's a pretty quick turnaround with it being on the boat already then!

Hopefully mine won't be far behind as I ordered on Monday afternoon!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having been in the trade myself (not Peugeot, so I couldn't pull any strings!) it's so dependant as to what the dealer has been allocated. I hope you get good news soon.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got the info from the supplying dealer for front sensors...£295. I'm really surprised that the official Peugeot ones aren't linked to the screen but a "beep" is better than a crunching noise!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Geoffh said:
Just got the info from the supplying dealer for front sensors...£295. I'm really surprised that the official Peugeot ones aren't linked to the screen but a "beep" is better than a crunching noise!

Yes; one of the benefits of the 'Park Assist' is that the front and rear sensors are all active under 5mph and displayed on the screen.

They all display whether front or reverse parking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts