Peugeot 2008 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had to wait for 3 months, but I get to collect my Bianca White 1.6 eHDI EGC Allure (ex-demo) on Tuesday. I have had a few extras fitted - mud-flaps, rubbing strips and the dreaded rear bumper protector, plus the paint & fabric protection.

I have been assured that the bumper protector has been fitted correctly and has stayed on without curling at the edges.

At the time of agreeing to the purchase of the demo car the waiting time was about 12 weeks. I realise that it has shortened since then, but I do get a car with a current 14 plate registration with only 81 miles on the clock at £4k below list price.

It is just so exciting, never bought a new car before and although this will not be technically 'new' it is certainly the first car I have ever had with a current plate No. By the time I get home to the south coast I will have almost doubled the total mileage recorded - just 3 more sleeps!
Evader

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's going to be well worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
A thoroughly enjoyable car to drive.

You should have a fun time.

Al.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I have it now at home after making a 4 bus trip and then being picked up from the town centre and taken to the dealership. Really good 65 mile journey home at a reported 65 mpg and average of 27 mph. Very, very pleased with it - such a smooth drive and so quiet, looks really smart on the front drive.

3 months waiting and now many years to enjoy - just need a pilots licence to fathom out the controls!

Evader

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Evader!
At long last your wait is over! Glad to hear you're pleased with your new car. Also lovely to hear it was a quiet drive after reading some other threads on the EGC cars. Hopefully that means you've got a good one!? Happy driving :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think the EGC system is perfectly in harmony with the 1.6 diesel engine.

Smooth quiet gear changes up 'n down. Paddle shifts work like magic with the engine revs perfectly matched.

I cannot fault it with the 1.6..........EGC with the 1.2 though has given rise to some comments regarding a 'slight clunk' as it changed gears.

I checked this further with my dealer who replied it could be a 'characteristic of the 1.2 engine with the EGC system'.

After one of the cars was checked by a Peugeot mechanic he reported it was working fine.

It could be that you need to slightly ease off the accelerator pedal as its about to change, a similar action to driving a normal car when you depress the clutch.

I've heard a recording of 'le clunk' and it drove me potty after a few changes. Whether you would solve the problem by easing off the accelerator or whether it would get smoother in time is another matter.

Mating the EGC with the 1.6 though is fantastic.

I'm still loving mine.

Have fun and enjoy.....now; get those LEDs sorted and get some better headlight bulbs...

Happy driving. Al.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts