Peugeot 2008 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Recently bought a 1.6 hdi allure ecg ajd was told it would be a factory build. So ordered heated seats... was very tempted to go back and order the park assist but before I did she rang and said that she has an allure exactly how I want except the heated seats and it will be available in one week as oppose to 12 weeks. My question is are the heated seats and maybe park assist something worth waiting 11 weeks for? Hmmm

Cheers guys and gals

·
Registered
217 Posts
if your an "outdoors" person like me there's nothing better than heated seats after 6hrs of being smashed around in the sea during winter!! some people have said the seats don't heat up much but to be fair the body's sensing of temperature is subjective. my own personal thoughts is they are not "hot" but really nice and toasty and after about 5 mins of them on i had to turn them off as i was overheating lol

the park assist was worth every penny!! i hvnt actually used the full "park assist" bit yet but the front parking sensor operation is a god send for tight manoeuvres and parking up to short bollards and walls.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Well worth having 'Park Assist' just for the front sensors (as jonnyg30 mentions).

I've tested the parallel parking between cars and it works a treat.

One of the best options you can have......I'd much prefer that over heated seats.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Park assist is definitely worth the money purely for the proximity sensors, even if they are a touch conservative. I've only used the parallel parking once and it works, but takes practice to learn the interface (and the button to initiate it is in a stupid place).

I have the heated seats but p
ersonally I wouldn't miss them if they were not there. I guess these things are quite personal.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I like heated bum warmers, we had them on our smart passion (with leather) and missed them when that car got part exchanged for an A2 1.6FSi Sport with unheated leather - however, went out in an Allure with the standard trim for a test drive and it was early doors, the seats didn't have a chill to them at all; I'd say it's essential with leather (and automatically comes with leather on the 2008) but desirable otherwise.

I've no experience of park assist and it's on the 'shall we, shan't we' spec for our car more for the front sensors rather than the clever park assist - I'd not be too bothered if we didn't have it although Mrs FB has been known to engage in a bit of contact-sport-parking...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DONE!! Thanks guys.... Went for it. Even though its means an extra 8 - 10 week wait it will be worth it didnt want to regret it afterwards and as its the first new car ive bought its the first time i coud have it exacty how i want it. So in a few months i will be the proud owner of a Bianca White 1.6 eHDI EGC 2008 Allure With Heated Seats, Sat Nav and Park Assist. Cant wait!

Cheers for all your inputs!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got My build date - 3rd April! Wahey!!44In your guys experiences how long was it from build to delivery? I was hoping for around the end of april?? Does that sound do-able?

Cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
About two to three weeks I found, mine was built 5 feb I was offered it by the dealer about two weeks later, but said I wait for 14 plate

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know how im going to go another month. All i do is look at pictures of the car online lol is this normal.....

Started on my accessories list though... Ordered the mats already going to go for mud flaps, Boot Sill Protector, Blue LEDs for the footwell, LEDs for the numberplate lights, Leather Armrest and The risk area downloads for the sat nav!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
hahahaha!!! that is EXACTLY what i did!!!! ordered the car got anxious waiting couldnt stop looking at pics, vid reviews and started ordering accessories and stuff by the bucket load hahhaha!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So its been built!!! Today was the day!! Even got a VIN number on the My peugeot website now already! Now just waiting for it to be sent over. looking at the end of April hopefully....

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have park assist on my Tiguan. It will parallel park or tailgate to the kerb. I tried it a few times as a novelty but not used it in 10 months. If I couldn't reverse with mirrors I suppose it would be used a lot.
The above is my own view but I'm sure many will adore it.... Just as I adore the reverse camera on my Tig which some feel its a waste of £400

1 - 12 of 12 Posts